Do Seasons dictate your nail polish shade?

I wear the same shades all year round.

I usually wear dark green, dark red, dark grey or black nail polish. Very rarely true red or nude. I have tried some bright almost neon light blue and yellow colors because they looked amazing in the bottles, but I am very fair-skinned and those shades just ended up washing me out.

I think when you find your shade of red, dark, nude, etc. it’s because it flatters your coloring. I wish brands like Chanel would offer warm and cool shades every season so there’s something for everyone.

Reactions: noellesmommy
Nope! Just painted mine so dark grey they look black :biggrin:
Sounds gorgeous! I’m getting mine done next week with my Chanel Brun Contraste and it’s a very deep, dark chocolate that I love. I treat it as a neutral and wear it regardless of season. It was actually released during Summer about a year ago.

Reactions: Swanky
I wear what I consider to be seasonal shades. For instance, now and through the summer I will wear bright pink, coral, or bright blue shades. Think beach or pool colors.
In the fall and winter, I will wear mauves, burgundies, greys, and navy blue.
I will wear neutrals any time of the year when I need to be understated.
Sadly, during this pandemic, I have stopped polishing my nails. I am giving them a rest.

I used to stick to more seasonal colours... but in recent years I've stuck to a few key classics, and rotate them based on mood/event/outfit regardless of season

My key colours:
1. Bright Red
2. Black
3. White
4. Pinky/Nude

Still looking for the perfect navy to add to the collection! (any tips are more than welcome!!!)

Reactions: Havanese 28
I used to stick to more seasonal colours... but in recent years I've stuck to a few key classics, and rotate them based on mood/event/outfit regardless of season

My key colours:
1. Bright Red
2. Black
3. White
4. Pinky/Nude

Still looking for the perfect navy to add to the collection! (any tips are more than welcome!!!)
Chanel has some great shades of dark blue

Reactions: JDV
For sure! Although I would wear neutrals all year around (reds, mauves, nudes, greys, black), for each season I do gravitate towards seasonal colours.

Spring: pastels tones and sheer tones
Summer: bright and bold colours
Fall: muted tones and burnt oranges
Winter: Christmas-y colours, glitters, more shimmers

For sure! Although I would wear neutrals all year around (reds, mauves, nudes, greys, black), for each season I do gravitate towards seasonal colours.

Spring: pastels tones and sheer tones
Summer: bright and bold colours
Fall: muted tones and burnt oranges
Winter: Christmas-y colours, glitters, more shimmers
This could have been my reply :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: afroken
My toenails are ALWAYS red-- either OPI's "I'm Not Really a Waitress" or "An Affair in Red Square." However, my nails change with my mood and the seasons... or holidays...

Attachments

• nails.jpg
    nails.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Sferics