Do SA's lose commission when you return at another branch?

Hmm I dont know how commission works but I would rather return it to my SA because that way I can apologize and not be a chicken (its a worst feeling to know you sold something and it got returned else where because the customer doesn't want to face you - than if your customer comes in and tells you its not right and you can't save your sale then the return has to happen!)

Plus if I do return I try to bring some chocolates along to my SA that day. lol
and I usually call her ahead of time to let her know I'm coming and I'm uncertain of my purchase.

Hmm I dont know how commission works but I would rather return it to my SA because that way I can apologize and not be a chicken (its a worst feeling to know you sold something and it got returned else where because the customer doesn't want to face you - than if your customer comes in and tells you its not right and you can't save your sale then the return has to happen!)
Also, what if they don't know you returned it and then ask you how you are enjoying it the next time they see you...

So, what do you say? Do you pretend you never returned it and say that you just love owning it? I always get the feeling the SA know that something was returned and ask anyway to see if you will tell them the truth.

I try to return to the same store for that reason, although on occasion, I will travel to not have to face the SA.

So that means they know who returned the merchandise? I mailed my Paddington from MA to my sister's house in VA so she could return it to Tysons NM for me. I was way too chicken to send it back to the Boston store. My s/a is so sweet. This is why I actually enjoy shopping with nasty s/a's if I have an inkling a bag might go back.

That is so funny!!

Also, what if they don't know you returned it and then ask you how you are enjoying it the next time they see you...

So, what do you say? Do you pretend you never returned it and say that you just love owning it? I always get the feeling the SA know that something was returned and ask anyway to see if you will tell them the truth.

I try to return to the same store for that reason, although on occasion, I will travel to not have to face the SA.

I return to the store sometimes, but I prefer to go elsewhere to return my items because I dont like confrontation (even though it's my money). However if my SA asks me about the bag, I tell her I returned it. I think for the most part she knows if I snatched up the only one they had and there it is sitting on display.

Plus if I do return I try to bring some chocolates along to my SA that day. lol
and I usually call her ahead of time to let her know I'm coming and I'm uncertain of my purchase.

:yes: i'm surprised that so many people would actually go to another store to return something instead of returning it in the orignal store.

you didn't like it as much as you thought you did, you made a mistake, go back and return it! it's not like you walked around in it or took pictures of it and post it up here then return it :nuts:

SAs will understand, especially if it is so expensive, it has to be right, regardless, you aren't buying the bag just so they can have that 2-5% commission.

and for those who don't understand then return it and never shop with them again.

but it really sucks for that store to have to eat up the return.

We can actually check which customer returned which item. We get a return statement every two weeks that you can refer to in the system to find out what items were returned by which customers.

Don't feel bad! That's why the return policys are there. If you love your SA, you can always go back to her the next time you see something you like; she will definitely appreciate it!

clk55girl: You can return something you purchased at one Neiman Marcus at any other Neiman Marcus.

We can actually check which customer returned which item. We get a return statement every two weeks that you can refer to in the system to find out what items were returned by which customers.
I thought that might be the case.

I do find it interesting that so many of us do not like to take things back to the original store. The older I get, however, the easier I find to return something face to face with the SA. Especially if I drop enough money in the store, I don't feel bad about making a return anymore.