Do resellers generally move down from their listed prices?

Personally -I think that its not really appropriate for any of the re-sellers to be on here without disclosure. i am on a jewelry forum quite similar to this and all persons on as members and contributors to the forum who are in business in the industry have to declare themselves

I prefer this as well. JMHO.

OMG she wants to find steals when she is buying bags. I actually get sick to my stomach repeating this, as I have truly tried to supress this experience, but I was in a bind once about 4 years ago and needed to sell some birkins fast (before the days of tpf and knowing other re-sellers) and CDL said she would NOT give me more than 4k per birkin and I did it. Can you imagine? These were brand new birkins, too. :crybaby:Live and learn.

So it actually kinda bugs me she is so unwilling to budge on a price. Just my opinion;)

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that, mnpurselover. (((HUGS))) to you. I understand the pain.

Personally -I think that its not really appropriate for any of the re-sellers to be on here without disclosure. i am on a jewelry forum quite similar to this and all persons on as members and contributors to the forum who are in business in the industry have to declare themselves
I would call her user name being the same as her trading name full disclosure. She has never tried to hide who she is here.

I would call her user name being the same as her trading name full disclosure. She has never tried to hide who she is here.

:yes: and also i think how she does her (perfectly legal)business is only her thing. i assume she did not force anyone selling to her or buying from her and if she gets the prices she asks more power to her! and as i said before i take her prices + service anyday over a cheaper bag but horrible service.
forgot to add she is completely trustworthy there are no surprises

Personally, I think CDL has done a fantastic job with reselling authentic Hermes bags and has a great reputation. I don't begrudge her making a profit. After all, she's running a business and the bottom line is profit.

:yes: and also i think how she does her (perfectly legal)business is only her thing. i assume she did not force anyone selling to her or buying from her and if she gets the prices she asks more power to her! and as i said before i take her prices + service anyday over a cheaper bag but horrible service.
forgot to add she is completely trustworthy there are no surprises

I agree, more power to her. I'm always happy for successful people.

Totally agree.

One thing to note: about 4 years ago, Birkins didn't cost anywhere NEAR what they do today, more like $6K to $7K on eBay. So the fact that she paid $4K for them back then isn't quite as shocking as it sounds today, when she's trying to sell them for $14K.

If some buyer can't get their bags at the store then eBay is the last option. Some buyers don't have the time/patience/knowledge to do their search to find the good deal that's why they choose Createurs De Luxe because they are reputable. A lot of great sellers are also around with more competitive prices such as Hermesgoddess / NYFashionexpert (not that comptetitive) / Portero or flossyfigaro ...

FWIW, I would have liked to have my ID here reflect my selling ID, but someone already has it. Quite possibly me, from a couple of years ago with an old email address that I no longer have access to. :Push:

a few things- all the reputable resellers on this forum have usernames which coincide with and thereby disclose who they sell as on ebay, so CDL is not hiding identity.
CDL perhaps may have purchased at a great discount from you and for this i'm truly sorry for your loss, but you know they charge such high prices not just because they CAN, but also because the bags dont always move. i think some sellers probably still have the same bag or two on the shelf for maybe an entire year. some resellers are smart and charge above retail to make it worthwhile for themselves but also keep it below ridiculous. but everyones prices are looking pretty ridiculous these days. such exclusive and hard to get bags..i find it boggling that there are so many out there for grabs on ebay, and even if they are authentic, to charge so much when there is so much competition and hesitancy to do business online out there.