Do Purse BANS really work???

Not for me...as soon as I tell myself take a break, that's when I will find a bunch I like. When I am looking for something (like now) I can't find a thing I like/want/need.

No! Atleast not for me. But after my crazy buying spree this summer I think I've calmed down a bit. I tried to go on a purse ban, but then I wanted them even more, so now I just leave it open, I don't feel so restricted, and I'm feeling more content about what I have.

Never!!!!! Especially if they are unrealistic like a year and stuff! I think smaller ones can be done...like 30 days LOL!
However...a nice, fun way to have a ban work is to do something like say your not buying any new bags until you wore all your bags at least 5 times, or something fun like that!

Yes, crazy bans like say "no more bags until march 2008" rarely work, unless you are really broke, your husband threatens to leave you and the creditors are taking your house away.

Yes, crazy bans like say "no more bags until march 2008" rarely work, unless you are really broke, your husband threatens to leave you and the creditors are taking your house away.

I'm the one you must be referring to with the "crazy" ban until Mar. 2008 (which is about 6 mos away) and IT DOES WORK for me! I will probably get a 4 key holder in Sep. but that doesn't figure in since it's not a bag and is very affordable, however even small things like that I would only buy once or twice a year.

But the black epi speedy 30 that I intend to get next will have to wait until Mar. 08 and I'M FINE with that. I will enjoy the 4 other LV bags I have and when my time arrives to buy that bag I will be overjoyed. My dh wouldn't leave me for buying a bag but I respect him enough to know my limits and our priorities as well as what is practical for our family. So "crazy" bans work for some people, mainly people like myself who don't want to spend irresponsibly and out of control. I know what we can afford and I stick to it. I'm also content w/ the bags I own and what I've been blessed with. I try to focus on that and not on what I don't have and what I want to get.

^ Hmmm, I should have chosen another month for my example.

lol it probably stuck in your head from reading my post. Sorry if I came off preachy and holier than though, lol. I do watch and see how tpf'ers struggle w/ bans but I really can't relate since I know what I'm 'allowed' to do. If I were single and making my own money and didn't have other obligations, I would be a helpless case, lol.

I actually partially enjoy my bans though bec. I like looking forward to another bag. I don't really want that many more bags(only the 3 bags in my siggy) and after that I'll have to move onto another hobby probably home decorating. I always have to look forward to getting something. But then again it will take me about a year and a half to get those 3 bags on the list! I've got time!