Do prints on tokidoki bags fade after 2 or 3 years? Does the vachete/leather be dark?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am just wondering how fast bags fade. I know all bags do fade over time. But for tokidoki, how long does it take the print on the ripstop nylon to fade? 2 to 3 years? What about using it alot? Does it even fade? Does the vachete leather on the handles and sides become dark like LV bags do?

2. Yes the vachetta leather gets darker... I don't think the bags fade though?

3. I haven't had my tokidoki for 2, 3 years but since they are the same material as the classic LeSportsac bag, I think I can answer this question. None of mine faded even though I wash them. I only have one bag (8 or 9 years old) where the LeSportsac ribbon part faded.

4. I thought the leather parts dont darken, they're treated i test it on one bag, I dropped water on it and it just beaded up and didnt seap in.

5. Maybe they are very lightly treated, but I have some of the leather that got a little water damage, and several of my bag's leather has darkened as well.

6. Well my other LSS bags did not fade even after the wash - and not to mention they don't recommend you to wash tokidoki's anyway...

Not to mention... I doubt anyone had a tokidoki long enough to answer this question - since it only came out last year - so I doubt anyone would have a tokidoki long enough to answer whether the fabric will fade....

but... my Adios Star did bleed red through the stitching (the Adios star's lining is red)

as for the leather - I haven't used any of mine - I just collect them so I can't tell you whether the leather will darken over time, but I do have an LV and it has similar leather and that does darken over time - so I would expect the same for the leather on the tokidoki bags

7. thanks, yea i notice that the lv leather is very similar to the leather on tokidoki and that it will darken over time. I am also happy that i didn't buy any adios except the bocce which was like 20 bucks, white star and the blanco and tutti becuz it can bleed through. Thanks once again. :heart: