Do plastic seals damage the hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilgraycat

O.G.
Feb 22, 2009
Ban Island
In the past year when I purchased H items from the boutique in some asian countries (Hong Kong, Macau, Japan) the SA would remove the plastic seals on the hardware before boxing it up, the reason they gave was that the plastic seals damage the hardware if left on for too long and it's their policy to remove the plastic. Is it actually true that the plastic seals can damage the hardware or is it one of those tales they make up to deter resellers? They don't remove seals in France or US boutiques!
Just wondering because I keep my new CDCs and bags in plastic seals until I use them for the first time, if it is true that the plastic damages the hardware then I should start removing the seals sooner rather than later.

Mindi B

Down Dog
O.G.
Jan 29, 2007
State of Denial
Some members have reported that if they have left the plastic on for a long period, upon removal it does leave damage. Do some searching in this forum and you will find discussion.

juliet827

Jan 18, 2013
Yes! Take the plastic off! I left it on too long on my black B and when I removed it the hardware was cloudy and a different color under the plastic.

bunnyr

100jellybeans
Jul 17, 2012
Yes those metal needs to breathe too

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
Please consider posting in an existing thread on this subject if the info posted here hasn't answered your question. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.