Food Do people still wear aprons?

Izznit

haha no.
Aug 2, 2007
Just wondering if you guys still wear aprons when in the kitchen! Or maybe for other things like cleaning? If so, what kind?

Jahpson

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
The Playground
I wore a full striped chef's apron when I was preparing a special dinner for my SO on Valentine's Day. I was already wearing what I was going to wear and still had to put the finishing touches on the meal.

Other than that, i dont really wear an apron..as I cook in my sweats

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
My mom bought me an apron on a trip to the Virgin Islands once. It is embroidered and just kind of pretty. I've used it when I'm making stuff w/ lots of flour and very messy- like cut out cookies, so I'm not covered in stuff afterward.

guccimamma

guccimamma
Aug 8, 2006
i have a totally cute apron that was handmade, has a great big bow that ties in the back...i love it.

it actually dresses up my jeans, my hub loves it!!!

jellybebe

loves pink!!!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Canada
I bought a cute old-school floral one from Etsy. I wear it mostly when I'm cooking bacon for my bf.

cginny

Animal Lover :)
O.G.
Dec 28, 2006
Now in SoCal!
For the most part, I only wear an apron around holiday times such as Christmas and Easter when I make & decorate cookies & other goodies (such as Easter eggs) w/ my kids. I also wear one when they "cook" with me because they each have their own special one that they love to wear! :smile:

laloki

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
I wear one if I am cooking something that is likely to splatter as it is cooked, or if I am wearing light coloured or delicate clothing.