Do People still use Handkerchief's ??

Jan 23, 2006
Do People still use Handkerchiefs ?

I used to use them years ago, in fact I have a very nice Hanae Mori collection sitting in my closet gathering dust.

What do you do with them if you don't use them anymore ?

Do you pass them down ?

Do you mean for blowing their noses? If yes, then I think that is not too hygienic to be carrying around wads of bacteria and viruses:sick:

If you don't mean for blowing your nose, please elaborate!

My Grandfather does. He's VERY proper and LOVES to dress up. He even keeps a few spares in his chest pocket for a Lady if she needs one. He's a total doll, I wish men were still like him!

I bought him a few on the island of Burano, Italy where they're famous for handmade lace making.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
My Grandfather does. He's VERY proper and LOVES to dress up. He even keeps a few spares in his chest pocket for a Lady if she needs one. He's a total doll, I wish men were still like him!

My grandfather was the same way. He always had at least one with him everywhere he went. He was sucha classy man :love:

sayhitoromes said:
I never understood how people can blow their nose in a hankercheif...its so gross. Youre supposed to use a napkin to throw that *** away!

It is a bit weird that after you blow into it you put it back into your clothes... :wondering

i see lots of older people using them where i work and my grandpa uses them as well. i think they've gone out of fashion as disposable products became more prevelant. i LOVE the idea of hankercheifs, especially with lace and monograms...so classy and old fashioned! but the actual practice of carrying the used one around? yick!!

I like the idea of using a handketchief but it's just not an option for me. I have really bad allergies so one is not enough for me. If I'm having a really bad day, I go through more than one packet of Kleenex packets.

I've never known somebody that blows their nose into a hankerchief. The only reason I prolly think that's weird is b/c of the great marketing those dang corporations do. Them and their
money and brainwashing! Sheesh !