Do people not enjoy everyone's new bag pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a few comments in previous threads that made me think that perhaps not everyone enjoys seeing everyone's new items. Suggestions were made to have a sticky made where these pics could be posted. This is a great idea.

I personally find it to be a celebratory time when bal boys & girls have new items. I want to see all their pics, read their excited comments, or nervous ones questioning if the bag is a keeper. It is so fun to share in each other's celebration.

Does not everyone enjoy this? Is it down right offensive to some? I honestly don't believe that pics posted by pf'ers (including myself) of their new bags are meant to make people jealous. I may say something like "Oh, I am so jealous, give it to me", but it is only a joke! or "Let me buy it". I had to re-read the rules, you cannot even say that, even if it is a joke, it can be perceived as solicitation. I am genuinely thrilled for others when they find a special bag.

I also know that when I say "I am obsessed" , I don't mean that this is the only thing I think about day and night. I have a full life, this is just ONE fun hobby that I enjoy and I love the Bal forum! As another tpf member stated, "It is not the bags that keep us coming back, it is the people" This is so true. You all have been so fun to share this passion with!
Oh, I am so jealous, give it to me", but it is only a joke! or "Let me buy it". I had to re-read the rules, you cannot even say that, even if it is a joke, it can be perceived as solicitation--

Since you don't know someone's tone of voice, so many things that are said, can be taken out of context, & perceived in a completely different manner. Rules just help establish clarity on what is expected.:idea::heart::heart::heart:

Sorry for the double post, I don't think anyone is jealous, or at least I haven't come across that. I am so psyched to see new purchases!!! Like Donna said, you can only view so many threads about the same colour, same bag, style.....However, I can understand that they are just proud of the new bag!!!! :smile:

I love seeing pictures of everyone's new bags. The pics on this forum are the only opportunity I have to see some of the older, rare colors and the new in-demand colors/styles. I really don't even get tired of seeing the basic styles (i.e. black city) over and over.

I will say this though - sometimes I feel like there is pressure that you must post a picture of your new bag before people really believe that you did get a new bag. Like you have to prove that you aren't lying about it. :sad: I know I don't have a digital camera and can only take pictures with my cell phone. Getting cell phone pictures to turn out well enough to be worth posting is next to impossible. My inability to post pics of my purcheses sometimes makes me hesitant to post in the first place. This certainly isn't the case all the time...but it does happen and I thought it was worth pointing out.

Besides enjoying everyone's new, I also gain information on old and new color of bbag. In addition to that, I can clearly picture various type of leather on the bag. Sometime, if I see people modeling the bag, it's even more clear to me how beautiful the bag is. Since I can't go and try out myself at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.