Do people not enjoy everyone's new bag pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasta

Ms. GoLightly
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
I noticed a few comments in previous threads that made me think that perhaps not everyone enjoys seeing everyone's new items. Suggestions were made to have a sticky made where these pics could be posted. This is a great idea.

I personally find it to be a celebratory time when bal boys & girls have new items. I want to see all their pics, read their excited comments, or nervous ones questioning if the bag is a keeper. It is so fun to share in each other's celebration.

Does not everyone enjoy this? Is it down right offensive to some? I honestly don't believe that pics posted by pf'ers (including myself) of their new bags are meant to make people jealous. I may say something like "Oh, I am so jealous, give it to me", but it is only a joke! or "Let me buy it". I had to re-read the rules, you cannot even say that, even if it is a joke, it can be perceived as solicitation. I am genuinely thrilled for others when they find a special bag.

I also know that when I say "I am obsessed" , I don't mean that this is the only thing I think about day and night. I have a full life, this is just ONE fun hobby that I enjoy and I love the Bal forum! As another tpf member stated, "It is not the bags that keep us coming back, it is the people" This is so true. You all have been so fun to share this passion with!

Oh my, I :heart: seeing everyone's bag pics! :biggrin:

Were there some comments that people weren't enjoying them? What thread were they on? I haven't been keeping up w/ the forum lately, darn schoolwork has been cutting into my B-bag time.

I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures. Since there aren't a lot of stores near me that carry Balencicaga or even a variety, I love seeing what everyone gets. It is exciting! Besides, it is a great way to see the variations in leather and color.

Hi Shasta! I'm not sure which thread Jag is talking about in particular, so I'll respond here.

I love seeing everyone's pics, particularly if it is a color I am interested in myself or if they have modeling pics.

Anyway, I prefer separate threads for this kind of thing because I can'i imagine how long a thread can get that is dedicated to all pics of new bags. It would be a pain to look through.

Hi Shasta! I'm not sure which thread Jag is talking about in particular, so I'll respond here.

I love seeing everyone's pics, particularly if it is a color I am interested in myself or if they have modeling pics.

Anyway, I prefer separate threads for this kind of thing because I can'i imagine how long a thread can get that is dedicated to all pics of new bags. It would be a pain to look through.

2nd this!

I enjoy seeing peoples pictures of their bags. Frankly, this forum is only place that some people can go to get a true appreciation for their new purchase. I personally don't have any friends that share my passion for bags. This site provides a great outlet to be excited about our new pieces.

Seeing new pics of other people's bags helps me refine my own taste and makes me a better consumer. For example, if I see several bags with varying color and leather, I can better inform my SA of what criteria I want her to use when selecting a bag for me.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion. I may not be able to see the downside until someone makes a case for it.

I do to! I just love it when I open up the Bal forum and see a new thread on what someone just bought! It is like we get to daily celebrate the brotherhood/sisterhood of bbags on here everyday and congratulating someone is just part of that. It is fun to share in there joy and to have others share in our celebration when we post new bags.

I think Jag meant that this thread should be moved to the "Improving Balenciaga" thread. But before this thread gets closed I want to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing new bags! My suggestion on the other thread was this:

Perhaps we can start a thread for people to announce their new purchase? Like, "Announcing My New..." and then your personal thread title would say, "Aqua City!". Then we can put the thread under the "Fun with Bbags" section. That way we can all ooooh and ahhhh at the same place and have a thread full of lovely bbags?!:yahoo:

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents and I'm sorry JAG if I'm adding to the clutter of this thread! :shame:

It's ok LG! I will merge the threads later, so no worry. Just want everyone's comments to be heard, and if they are all in one spot- the more likely that will happen!

I'm new to the forum, but not BBags- and I have to tell you guys that I love seeing all the pics of everyone's new bags. It's really helpful when I am thinking of a color/style. Anyone who isn't interested really doesn't have to look at them.
Oh, and if I buy any more, my DH will turn me into a purse!!

If it's a style or color I have never seen before I always want to see the pictures. But when everyone posts pics of the same Day in Black, I dont even bother. Dont get me wrong, I'm happy for the addition to that persons bag family, but I can only look at so many pictures of the same style and color over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.