Do people no longer have respect for other people's property?

Oooh, ooh ooh! Saturday I went over by my dad's house, and there was this guy walking his dog, and his dog was of course peeing on my dad's lawn. I believe my comment was "Oh, that's nice." He said "do you have a problem?" and I asked why he couldn't let his dog do that at his home. His response was "I have a house too" followed up by "There are a lot of dogs in this neighborhood." I wanted to smack him upside the head! :evil:

That's OUTRAGEOUS if someone did that on purpose. Just being a clumsy idiot and scratching cars by mistake is stupid, but not evil. Deliberately damaging someone elses property for no reason is just rotten.

Oh! That really bites! I hate it when people are like that too! It makes me so angry! A couple months back, someone broke my brand new car's window to steal my $8 hat. They left everything else. If there are days that make me want to get a crowbar and smash everything in sight (ok.. I may have some anger management issues), it's days when stuff like that happens.

I'm sorry to hear about that. On the other side, it sounds like it's happened to a lot of people here. Maybe people really are such dolts.

aw... I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. There are complete jerks out there.

My bf was signalling, waiting for a parking spot, when someone came by and decided they got there first. They were irate when we took the spot. After dinner, we found key scratches on both sides of the car from the very end to the very front. A$$holes

I don't understand either. That happened to my car, just barely one year old, someone decided to key it and it was right below the handle on the driver side, so guess what, EVERYTIME I go to my car I see the damn scratch! It is about 8 inches long. I think those vandals need to be caned!!!

ARGHHHHHH!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Don't tell me!!! 2 days ago i went in my car parking zone,that is right near my house and i found out that my Mercedes has been crashed for the 3dh time by a not very honest "parking neighbour" who just left without a word. What happens with people????:hrmm: I had to find out who he was by myself and now i know he lives in my building!!:Push: I feel so frustrated by people acts...they don't care a damn about anything but their things....:sad: :sad:

stefyp said:
ARGHHHHHH!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Don't tell me!!! 2 days ago i went in my car parking zone,that is right near my house and i found out that my Mercedes has been crashed for the 3dh time by a not very honest "parking neighbour" who just left without a word. What happens with people????:hrmm: I had to find out who he was by myself and now i know he lives in my building!!:Push: I feel so frustrated by people acts...they don't care a damn about anything but their things....:sad: :sad:

Ohhh sorry,i forgot to tell you I PAY THE RENT TO PARK THERE!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :sad2:

twinkie said:
I am so upset! :mad: My Trailblazer was keyed today! I was parked normally, not too close to anyone on either side and yet someone decided it was necessary to vandalize my vehicle. It was definitely deliberate--I now have a 14 inch L-shaped gouge on my driver's side. Thankfully, this is my company car, but it's the principle of the situation that just plain sucks!!!

I do not understand why people have such a lack of respect for other people's property. I would never dream of damaging someone else's vehicle on purpose! Unfortunately, I tend to dwell on stuff and this just ruined my day.:sad2:

I"m sorry this happened to you Twinkie. I understand how you feel. I was finally able to afford my own Lexus after dreaming about it for years, and one day after work, I noticed the door on the passanger side had been keyed. I was really upset. I still don't understand why someone would do something like that. I always try to be respectful of others' properties so it really upsets me to hear things like this.

This is sooo upsetting. I really dont understand that either. They think its all fun and games but it's not! So sorry to hear it happened to you Twinkie & other ladies who shared their stories. My (ex) bf's car's window got smashed once too for no reason. His car was an old blazer, and definitely not flashy, and it cost a lot of money to get it fixed. It's ridiculuous!

I am really sorry this had happened to you. I know how you feel though. My car has been scratched EVERYWHERE! They are not huge thick scratches but thin annoying ones. There are a bunch on top of my trunk. And I NEVER put ANYTHING on top of my trunk. So, they did not come from me. Then there are a LOT of scratches by the back doors. I don't know where those come from. If I have a chance to park far, far away from all cars, I do so. But sometimes that's impossible. I hate that some people are so careless. I would never put anything on top of other people's cars or open my door just to scratch the door of the car next to me. Some people are just idiots!

I'm soooo sorry this happened to you. I believe in karma though. I met this woman one time who was a reformed bad girl. She told me the story of her life and how she used to do cruel things to other people. She never got caught but she told me how karma was way worse than any punishment the law could provide. If you can imagine it, it's probably happened to her (husband walked out on her and 3 young kids...one a brand new baby, unemployment, emotional issues, etc). That story just validates that karma does exist.

One time my bf's car was soaked in chocolate syrup (we went into the mall for an hour. When we came out, his entire car was covered with chocolate). We didn't do anything to anyone so obviously someone thought it was funny to ruin our day. Once again, so sorry. Take care.