Do Nudes suit Black tone Skin??

Sammyjoe

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
Hi Whilst I am on the search for some Bridal shoes for my wedding, I realised I love CL nudes - would love a smallish heel - 70 max, I have black skin, so not sure if Nude would work for me? Does anyone know?X

That's a good question. My greatest attraction to nude is that (we all know) it elongates the legs. But if it is not a similar tone or a complimentary tone to your own skin color, that theory goes out the window, right? I think your best bet is to try them on and see what you think. I love the nude patent for me, but when I got the nude kid leather color, it was awful against my skin tone and I sold them. If you are near NM or BG, they have the nude patent simples in the 70 heel...go try them on. =)

JMO =) Congrats on your upcoming wedding by the way. :heart:

Thanks Oo_let_me_see, I live in the UK so will check out the shops here next week, actually it was your sig that made me love the colour in the first place!Lol!x

You can still wear them, just with a different effect. It would be more of a contrast. I think it would look good at a wedding.

There are tons of brown CLs in varying shades (check saks website), which I guess would be more of a nude for someone with a brown shade of skin. But I've never seen brown shoes worn by a bride.

Thanks Purly, I am wearing a VW with a brown sash, so it could work, in an ideal world, I would wear white or ivory shoes. I will check out the sites given though, the reason for this problem is that my Husband to be is the same height as me, so a heel size of 70 and below would do, I asked a question about Nicole Kidmans shoes in Celebs and Louboutins - she had a small heel on, I would love them in brown, white, nude anything!!Lol!x

I don't think it would look good. I recall having seen a picture on here before of a nude tone CL on someone with black skin and it looked terrible in my opinion. What I can see looking pretty good on someone with black skin would be a beige patent. The Simples are available with a 70mm heel in a beige patent at Saks. Also a beige grease (sparkly) patent CL should look great...it's like beige and gold...check out the YoYo's on the Saks website they're 85mm.

I also think that a different color would probably look better on you, especially if you want it to elongate your legs (which, in my opinion, is the appeal of nude) :flowers:

Thanks Taishasman and Keya, I have trawled through the celeb thread and saw someone mention that coffee / brown beige would look good.I wish CL would do lots of kitten heels!Lol!x

Thanks Sara99, I went there, but was so busy trying to find bridal shoes, I did not look hard for brown or nude shoes, just know that it is going to be tough getting any CL's with a small heel.I will defo post pics when I get something or anything CL solidgold.x