do nude shoes go with brown skin? help!!

medicbean

Nov 7, 2010
hey guys,
so im getting the CL bug and im considering getting another pair (2nd in a week!)
but the thing is, im indian-asian-english and im jjust not sure the nude goes well with our skin (brown - same skin as parminder nagra) - what do you guys think? i should really take pictures so you can tell..

thanks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, I'm Indian and I like the nude on "our" skin tone! :P However, some people love the nude patent because it's their perfect nude (disappears into their skin, lengthens legs, etc)... in my case, it's a pretty pinkish nude color that doesn't quite blend, but stands out nicely. A truer nude for us brownies :P is more along the lines of camel patent (more of my ideal nude) or camel kid. Basically, it just depends on the look you're going for!

Found some pics!

Nude patent Triclos:
Triclos1.jpg

Camel patent decolletes:
CLcamelpatentdecolletes.jpg

Camel kid simples:
NLtaupe3.jpg

I guess my ideal nude is CL camel patent mixed with a tinge of nude patent... haha. :P

ooo i like the camel
i think im going to buy something in a camel..ive been eyeing your declics too.. i need to get some of those in my life - are they the 90 heel or the 120? the london boutique only had the 120 :sad:

Ok, here is an image of two ladies with darker skin tones (Tyra and Kim) in 'nude' shoes. I think the pale shoes stands out too much, which defeats the object of a nude shoe that is meant to disappear into your skin and not draw attention away from the rest of your outfit. Though TBH I think shoes SHOULD draw the eye as they are usually my favourite thing to wear!

See what you think....

http://www.showbizfire.com/userfiles/2010/5/25/images/Who-Wore-Rachel-Roy-Better-.jpg

BTW I have the opposite thing as my skin is the whitest, milkiest, palest shade of Casper known to man (or ghost).

I agree with what Fiery said....if you're looking for a nude that is a "true" nude (it blends with your skin) then you should probably go with a camel color.

But if you're just looking for a pretty color, then nude shoes would be perfect!

Good luck! Whatever you choose, it will be gorgeous! :smile:

^^I actually think true nude is very pretty on darker skin tones. It just isn't "nude". Nude on me looks like an ivory and is soft, feminine, and neutral but certainly does not blend in. True nude for the very fair skinned ladies here is more likely to be "bone," which I wear also despite being darker skinned. As someone with an olive skin tine, I find camel, tobacco, and even marron glace to be the colors I have tried that best "blend" with my skin to be a true nude.