do NOT try this at home... (reveal with disclaimer)

That's so cool! Did you have a hard time sewing the leather.
Oh yes, stitch by stitch, pushing with thick leather thimble (Japanese one) - pretty looking English traditional thimble was no use! Talking to myself 'I - am - going - to - wear - you... just - you - wait...' DH thought I was going mad. :P

I've alwas wanted to do the same thing on a pair of shoes that slip out most of the times but I'm afraid to rouin them! So I've asked at the only cobbler I trust in, at Minuit Moins 7, and they told me that they don't modify the design! :nogood: :nogood:
I can understand nobody want to take responsibility - for me, it's a) keep them in the box and admire them forever, b) sell them on eBay and make loss, c) keep tripping over. I did search around how much it should be 'raised' from the top heel line before finding perfect match on eBay (for £1!).

Many thanks for all the other tPfers here, you are great, I thought this thread would sink down very quickly, didn't think not much people respond positively, lol :biggrin:

I can understand nobody want to take responsibility
I think that if I bring them to someone else they'll do it, but I don't trust! And I don't want to do it by myself, the shoes that I would like to modify have a finishing of braided leather so it would be hard to find something that could go with it without spoil the harmony of the shoe! :hrmm:

Anyway I love them :P