DO NOT BUY from IDEELI

i have ordered from ideeli a few times. like others, i was fine until i had a problem.

i bought an RM bag pictured with signature hardware - it was a waitlisted item and they decided to produce a bunch for the waitlisted people. i received it and it didn't have the hardware pictured in the photo. the listing did not say anything about what was being sold might differ from the photo.

i wrote to them the day i received it to tell them i was unhappy - it took them three days to respond to say that CS would contact me. more than 2 weeks later i hadn't heard from anyone else at ideeli, so i wrote again. no response.

about two weeks after THAT, i wrote to a different email address and they finally responded - i threatened a chargeback at that point. but all they said was, "Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear that you feel your item was not as advertised" and offered me a return label, which i could use to return the item so that they could "inspect the item to determine whether or not it is actually not as advertised. If it is, we replace the item if it is in stock, if not we will issue you a full site credit... We will contact you to let you know our decision about the error." Never said what happens if they decide that it's not their error.

i ended up selling the bag instead. i wasn't going to deal with their bs.

i don't think i've bought from them since, although i do look at their merchandise sometimes. i love gilt and will keep buying from them.

Hokka,

I am extremely sorry you received such a poor customer experience when shopping with ideeli.com. There is no excuse for that and I apologize. We have been working our hardest to increase our service to be the best level it can be for our members. I truly hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you what a great shopping experience using ideeli can be.

Best,

Aric

^^Uh-oh...I think I am going to return it. I hopefully will get my email with the shipping label soon. I requested it several hours ago.

Remember that the return shipping labels come from UPS and not ideeli. It can also take up to 48 hours for UPS to send the email with the return label attached.

Aric

Hokka,

I am extremely sorry you received such a poor customer experience when shopping with ideeli.com. There is no excuse for that and I apologize. We have been working our hardest to increase our service to be the best level it can be for our members. I truly hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you what a great shopping experience using ideeli can be.

Best,

Aric

Instead of spending time putting out fires (which is what you do here) your company needs to make a serious investment in--I almost said updating, but that would be inaccurate since CS is inexistent in your company--creating an efficient Customer Service Department. As of June 2010 you are miles away from it.

So, so much for the mea culpa it would be better if your company took action to remedy this issue before your customers start deserting you.

--another of your dissatisfied customers

Last edited:
By the by, if you experience a problem with your ideeli order the new "contact" is Neeraj Sharma, Director of Loyalty - [email protected].

Raj and Joy are gone...apparently the company can't hold on to their employees anymore than they can hold on to their customers.

What a fun title! :smile:

Anyway, I hope everyone gets their issues resolved. It's such a shame to see all these companies with such poor customer service. :sad: I don't have a business degree or anything, but it seems like customer service should be a #1 priority. You'd think companies would realize that by now!

Well, I just made my first purchase on ideeli, when I checked my credit statement statement online there were EIGHT $1.00 deductions from ideeli :mad:!!! I sent them a complaint letter and they sent me back this: Thank you for contacting ideeli.

Our accounting team informs us that those $1 transactions are card verification checks used by the merchant bank. They are used to check if the card is legitimate and they will appear as pending on your account. These funds will not clear and will be removed from your account in 2-3 business days depending on your banking institution.

We hope this helps.

Regards,

the ideeli team

They had to verify my card EIGHT times?:nono:WTF? I'll give it until Tuesday, if every single one of those charges aren't dropped I'm going to create a total scene:rant:!! Has anyone else had this problem with ideeli?

I'm not too thrilled with Ideeli either. A purchase I made took almost four weeks to receive. Also, should I have the need to return anything, I want my money back - not store credit. After that one experience, I now avoid them.

i've always gotten money back on items that had issues and needed to be returned. never was offered store credit on a return.

their service has always been above and beyond in my experience.