Do nose implants last a lifetime?

jzzzz

Jun 24, 2020
I have always been self-conscious about my nose and wanted to get a permanent result from rhinoplasty (osteotomy, tipplasty and alarplasty). However, most doctors recommended the aid of foreign implants of some sort (silicone, gore tex) or my own rib cartilage. Are these foreign implants supposed to last permanently or only for a period of time. Judging from these forums, revision rhinoplasty due to implants wearing out seemed more common than I had thought....

Why don't you recommend goretex?
Because I hear they are much harder to remove than silicone if you end up not liking it. Also in general, implants never truly incorporate into your body so chances are--in the future, you'll end up removing the implant. I would stick to your own tissue or cartilage.

I have always been self-conscious about my nose and wanted to get a permanent result from rhinoplasty (osteotomy, tipplasty and alarplasty). However, most doctors recommended the aid of foreign implants of some sort (silicone, gore tex) or my own rib cartilage. Are these foreign implants supposed to last permanently or only for a period of time. Judging from these forums, revision rhinoplasty due to implants wearing out seemed more common than I had thought....

Implants really do last a lifetime. Your skin on your nose may nose be able to withstand the pressure. Surgeons recommend implants because they are more predictable than cartilage.