Do LV still replace zipper pulls free of charge?

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
I searched and found only two threads on this, but they were four or five years old and I know a lot has changed since then in terms of prices on both products and repairs.

Just wanted to know if anyone has recently had a zipper pull replaced and not been charged for it? I have a huge scratch on my wallet's zipper and it's really annoying. If it gets any worse/as soon as it starts to chip I'd like to have it replaced, but not if it's going to cost a small fortune.

Do they actually do a stand-alone zipper pull replacement or is this only offered for free if they're performing a bigger repair at the same time that the customer is paying for?

TIA!

I searched and found only two threads on this, but they were four or five years old and I know a lot has changed since then in terms of prices on both products and repairs.

Just wanted to know if anyone has recently had a zipper pull replaced and not been charged for it? I have a huge scratch on my wallet's zipper and it's really annoying. If it gets any worse/as soon as it starts to chip I'd like to have it replaced, but not if it's going to cost a small fortune.

Do they actually do a stand-alone zipper pull replacement or is this only offered for free if they're performing a bigger repair at the same time that the customer is paying for?

TIA!

Was at my favorite boutique the other week and was told that zipper pulls are replaced for free. Of course, my shop is in Tokyo, but you would think that it is the same all over the world... That being said, I have no idea if they distinguish between broken pulls or cosmetic replacements... Hope this helps...:graucho:

Was at my favorite boutique the other week and was told that zipper pulls are replaced for free. Of course, my shop is in Tokyo, but you would think that it is the same all over the world... That being said, I have no idea if they distinguish between broken pulls or cosmetic replacements... Hope this helps...:graucho:

Thanks for the info!

for how long did it take?

Yup zipper pull replacement is a free service done in store, so it's pretty quick :smile:
And they do them for cosmetic and repair reasons ... I had mine done for cosmetic reasons.

for how long did it take?

Last time I had something I had repaired at LV it took a month. The time before that, 3 weeks. They'll let you know how long it will take when you take your item in. It depends on how back logged they are and what needs to be done. (i.e. Can they do it domestic or does it have to be done foreign.)

:P Good luck!

p.s. Never had a repair done in store... just hot stamping...