Do Logo Bags = Vulgar??

^^^
Agreed with Princessaj0603!
I myself like some monogram bags. I'm not such a fan of Gucci (also because I only see fake ones on really slutty people here) but I love LV Mono. It's classy.
But I do think logo bags can be really tacky if the logo is splashed all over it. Not a monogram pattern, but D&G does things like this -
DG.jpg

I'm not liking it.

^^^
Agreed with Princessaj0603!
I myself like some monogram bags. I'm not such a fan of Gucci (also because I only see fake ones on really slutty people here) but I love LV Mono. It's classy.
But I do think logo bags can be really tacky if the logo is splashed all over it. Not a monogram pattern, but D&G does things like this -
DG.jpg

I'm not liking it.

Yup...I don't like that either!!! AAANNNDDD sometimes you just ask yourself...WHY WHY WHY...lol :rolleyes:

The only logo piece I have is the LV denim mini pleaty. I think it will be my first and last logo piece. I like logos only when they are subtle, as in the LV denim range.

I'm not a fan of monogram on the bag, but i think, like someone of you has written, that it's important to wear what you feel , it doesn't matter if people think that's vulgar a bag with LV or Gucci Or Fendi etc logo.
Vulgar is a lot of other things in the world.

The aesthetic aspect is a question of personal taste.

Usually, advertising a particular company would be considered a high value service. For example, even a few seconds of commercial time on a program with a large audience, like the superbowl, can cost a company hundreds of thousands, lately, some air time costs have begun to hit the millions!

But thanks to one of the most brilliant marketing coups in the history of well, earth, millions of consumers now pay a premium for the privilege of displaying - advertising - company names and logos on their clothing and accessories!

It's a way that consumers can express their admiration and loyalty for a company, by not only agreeing to pay a very high price for a product they could easily buy for a small fraction of the "logo" item, but in addition to that, they are able to actually work for the company - providing a high value services on a volunteer basis!

Especially in the US, companies enjoy a very special place in the social order, in addition to the role they play in many aspects of government, education, and just about every aspect of life. Without this deeply ingrained cultural value, the "logo army" marketing coup might not have been as successful, but it has now spread worldwide, and has become very popular, especially with young people, and today, in almost every nation, the opportunity to serve the companies in this way has become a coveted privilege!

I like all bags....I feel there is room for all bags....sometimes you just have to buy what you like and ignore the comments. I think you are chic if you are confident in what you are wearing and can rock it!

How could ANYTHING carried by Audrey Hepburn and Sophia Loren (LV mono speedy and alma) be vulgar? Seriously, everyone has their own taste and I really don't see what's wrong with an LV, Coach or Gucci mongram...if that is what you like. Vulgar would be wearing said bags with a hundred other articles that are monogram, then I would say you were just a little fashion challenged.

I used to be a fan of monograms-LV, Gucci, Coach, you name it. But my style has changed & along with the onslaught of fakes, I just don't care so much for the logos. Back in the 60s/70s/80s, I feel a logoed bag (LV mono Speedy & Gucci Drs. bag comes to mind) truly did represent status & quality, now with all the fakes ( & in my area more ARE fake than aren't, especially Chanel) a monogram to me just screams, "Trying too hard!" or "Look at Me". Not vulgar, though.

I typically stick with an all-leather bag, but I do believe monogram or not, buy what you like & enjoy it!