Do limited edition Speedies+Neverfulls have the tendency to look dated after a while?

hannahd

O.G.
Oct 5, 2010
Hi everyone!
I've loved many limited bags from Louis Vuitton especially the neverfulls that come out from time to time with special prints i.e Roses, Graffiti, Kusuma, St. Mortiz e.t.c.. Thing is after about a year or so do you think they tend to look 'so last season?' Do some of you that own any of these bags continue to use them 'proudly' over the years or do you get the feeling that it gets old fashioned to keep on carrying them? Do you sell them after some time? Do you just store them away just for the sake of keeping it? Or do you keep on wearing them proudly as a rare and exclusive piece?
Reason I ask is that I'm eyeing the new neverfuls that will come out in a few months with the pink and blue trims on them.. Everything I've bought from Louis Vuitton until now has been an Icon or an item that will be classic and timeless that I'll be able to carry in many years to come. I thought about getting a kusuma last year but when I read comments on other threads of how some of the older lines (graffiti) look dated.. I figured that it too will soon look dated so I opted not to get it because of this.
I'm kind of thinking should I just stick to the classic and lasting print or do you think I'm just thinking too much into it :thinking:

Great post. All I have right now is classic LV, but I would like to get a Kusama piece. No one in my area will have one so I don't think it'll get old for me. Perhaps it depends on the handbag culture in your area as to how trendy and competitive it is. That said, I'm still a little on the fence with the Kusama piece.:help:

Thanks for the input everyone.. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in thinking so and there are others that love only the Limited edition pieces. I think I't's a really personal choice but for me I think I'll just 'admire' everyone's reveals and sightings of these bags as Im thinking so much about it already. I know my LVoe for a LE bag will be really short-lived as I can get self conscious of wearing things that are 'out of style' and that's why I've always prefered the classics.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I've loved many limited bags from Louis Vuitton especially the neverfulls that come out from time to time with special prints i.e Roses, Graffiti, Kusuma, St. Mortiz e.t.c.. Thing is after about a year or so do you think they tend to look 'so last season?' Do some of you that own any of these bags continue to use them 'proudly' over the years or do you get the feeling that it gets old fashioned to keep on carrying them? Do you sell them after some time? Do you just store them away just for the sake of keeping it? Or do you keep on wearing them proudly as a rare and exclusive piece?
Reason I ask is that I'm eyeing the new neverfuls that will come out in a few months with the pink and blue trims on them.. Everything I've bought from Louis Vuitton until now has been an Icon or an item that will be classic and timeless that I'll be able to carry in many years to come. I thought about getting a kusuma last year but when I read comments on other threads of how some of the older lines (graffiti) look dated.. I figured that it too will soon look dated so I opted not to get it because of this.
I'm kind of thinking should I just stick to the classic and lasting print or do you think I'm just thinking too much into it :thinking:
If you want something from the LE that won't look too outdated, why don't you get a SLG so you can use and it won't stand out as much? That's what I would do instead of getting a bag you may not use later on.

I think is neat to have both classic and LE pieces in a collection. I like to see LE pieces carried but I don't see it very often. It is a nice change from seeing current bags all the time. I guess what is outdated to one person is a HG bag for another so it all depends on the person. I missed out on alot of the LE pieces so I like seeing & having them now. I recently bought a roses speedy and love it. It could be outdated to some but I like it and so that is all that matters. I actually paid more than retail for the roses speedy but to me it was worth it. I see people buying LE bags all the time.