Do I tip movers?

tipping is always a nice gesture, it shows our gratitude. And it is a rough job. It all depends on what they are moving. If they are there all day, I usually buy them lunch, burger or pizza and always supply them with water.

I usually tip each person $30-$35 if they are there all day (6+ hours).

iliabags said:
tipping is always a nice gesture, it shows our gratitude. And it is a rough job. It all depends on what they are moving. If they are there all day, I usually buy them lunch, burger or pizza and always supply them with water.

I usually tip each person $30-$35 if they are there all day (6+ hours).

DEFINITELY not going to be at the house 6+ hrs. It's a bedroom set so probably only 1-2 hrs MAX.

Hrm.. this is strange, but I don't think my family tips movers, but we rarely have them coming in. When the piano was moved in though, the two guys each received a cold beer. :biggrin:

I have had bad experiences with movers (my stuff getting broken, not arriving on time) but I always offer water or soda, and because I am paying a lot of money for the move, I guess I don't tip.... gosh, I am so cheap.. lol

Are they movers or delivery men? I would tip movers (moving stuff from your old place to the new). But delivery men, I typically don't since I've already paid a delivery fee.

Maybe I'm stingy?

I don't mean to be rude--but some of you are paying 6 figures a year for handbags and you won't give $20 or $25 to a working class stiff who moves in a whole bedroom set and does it without damaging anything? (Of course you should also give them a cold drink--that goes without saying)

by the way, the reason I never gave them a tip is because they broke several of my furnitures and when asked about it, they said "Uhm, it was already broken when we moved it" when in fact, I was in front of them when they were moving it and there was no way that it was broken before the move.. so after that, I decided not to give them a tip (I already paid over 2 grand just for the move and they get paid a pretty good amount anyways)...

I've only had to use movers once but they did a great job. They even took apart and set up stuff that had to be dissasembled/assembled. I paid the $120 between 3 of them and made sure they had something to drink all day.

definately tip...we always offer them something to drink...they really appreciate it...my family just recently moved into a new house, all our furniture was practially new and the movers were here all day.... my parents furniture, just the dresser with the mirror was over 600 pounds...HALF of my parents armoire was like 700 pounds...ya lots of hard work...and make sure they dont scuff your walls or anything!!