Do I ship or refund????

jrw118

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
Hi, I just sold a Gucci bag to a newbie (0 feedback) from Greece. Uncondirmed address and ineligible for seller protection. If I do send it I will send it usps express so it can be tracked. Do I send it of just refund???
TIA
Jess

Read all the threads here and see why you probably shouldn't do it. You have ABSOLUTELY NO protection from anyone - not paypal, not anyone. Even if you insure through the USPS, IF you get back money for insurance and possibly lose the bag; they can do PP chargeback. Tell them if they really want the bag to send Western Union payment? (don't give them your bank info for wire transfer - that could be a scam)

You will only be protected if you send it to a confirmed address. It's not worth the hassel of being out of money and your bag if the buyer is using a stolen credit card. This happend to me all of the time when I was selling on Ebay. Email the buyer and let them know before issuing the refund. I would refund the payment and ask them to get their address confirmed by Paypal then I will send them their item or you can just refund the amount if they don't want to. You risk a negative from them but it's better then losing your money. I heard that ebay will chaning the rules on unconfirmed payments but I don't know when it will be in effect. Call Paypal and see what they say. Good luck!

Thanks, you are all great. I am going to refind the payment and request western union. I am offering the buyer 1/2 price express shipping to pay with western union instead.
Thanks for the advise.
Jess

Be careful.

Ship the best way possible.

I had a buyer from Greece previously. The handbag was stuck in customs for months.

It was very expensive to get this bag back.