Do I ship or refund????

jrw118

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
Hi, I just sold a Gucci bag to a newbie (0 feedback) from Greece. Uncondirmed address and ineligible for seller protection. If I do send it I will send it usps express so it can be tracked. Do I send it of just refund???
TIA
Jess

neatfreak

O.G.
Mar 21, 2008
Make sure to insure for the full amount AND declare it on the customs form if you decide to complete the transaction...

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
USA
Read all the threads here and see why you probably shouldn't do it. You have ABSOLUTELY NO protection from anyone - not paypal, not anyone. Even if you insure through the USPS, IF you get back money for insurance and possibly lose the bag; they can do PP chargeback. Tell them if they really want the bag to send Western Union payment? (don't give them your bank info for wire transfer - that could be a scam)

LVMOMMY

O.G.
Nov 21, 2007
California
You will only be protected if you send it to a confirmed address. It's not worth the hassel of being out of money and your bag if the buyer is using a stolen credit card. This happend to me all of the time when I was selling on Ebay. Email the buyer and let them know before issuing the refund. I would refund the payment and ask them to get their address confirmed by Paypal then I will send them their item or you can just refund the amount if they don't want to. You risk a negative from them but it's better then losing your money. I heard that ebay will chaning the rules on unconfirmed payments but I don't know when it will be in effect. Call Paypal and see what they say. Good luck!

jrw118

O.G.
Jul 22, 2008
Thanks, you are all great. I am going to refind the payment and request western union. I am offering the buyer 1/2 price express shipping to pay with western union instead.
Thanks for the advise.
Jess

gro3602

EX TPFER DONE HERE
Apr 17, 2006
Be careful.

Ship the best way possible.

I had a buyer from Greece previously. The handbag was stuck in customs for months.

It was very expensive to get this bag back.

BeBear

Aug 4, 2007
I wouldn't. International shipping with no protection is like throwing money into the ocean.

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I wouldnt send . I just refunded a buyer in my own country with no confirmed address. Its too stressful otherwise.

Jul 15, 2008
UK
I wouldn't send it either, I too have just had to refund a buyer with an unconfirmed address....no seller Paypal protection at all, just not worth the risk or the stress!

gayathri

O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
www.unfpa.org
Refund the payment and ask them to pay you through a bank transfer.

Otherwise you are opening yourself to a scam via PayPal/CC chargeback.