Do I remain ANON?????

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a few neighbors that decided a great place to park their boats, cars, and other very large items would be the front yard. The area we live, is filled with very $$$$ homes, but a few are old-timers that are waiting to be torn down. So, these old- timer homes have broken bylaws for quite some time. I have been trying to not stir the pot and over look the unsightly mess. However, it just bugs the heck out of me:sad:. I placed a call with the city to file a complaint. They won't file anything unless you give out your name, number and home address. Do I just give it out:confused1:, in hopes that our neighbors don't find out who lodged the complaint? Perhaps I should just give up and close my eyes at the bylaws being broken? What's your advise? You guys, I am so frustrated.:Push:

2. what about a respectful anonymous note in their mailbox from you?
    Are you in a neighborhood w/ an HOA?

3. I once had an issue with a neighbor..
    I left a note in their mailbox and everything was resolved after that...try it!

4. Give a different name and a different address lmao!
    No but seriously, the note in the mailbox sounds like a good idea to start with. Give them a few weeks and see what happens. If the mess isnt cleared up, I would file a complaint with my name and all, but then again-I just dont care lmao!

5. That's an idea I haven't thought of. I may take that route. To be honest, I don't know. (HOA). I should but don't. I would think so. I knew all of that when I lived in Dallas, but not Vancouver.:shame:

6. If you have an HOA, you should be paying the fees. If you arent paying any fees, you probably dont have one lol!

7. Well, there you go.:angel: No, we don't have one. Maybe something along those lines.

8. That's what I did once, too! It works! What I did was write a letter and a few areas in that letter I mentioned "we" and "neighbors", to make the person think that a few people are annoyed by it. Then at the bottom, I signed "your neighbors". Keep it ANON in a letter like that, don't put a return address, mail it, and it should work! Good luck!

9. We all pay too much to have to put up with neighbors who don't give a rat's a** about others. If the anonymous letter doesn't work, I wouldn't hesitate to register a complaint with my name.

10. Yes, glad I read that from Swanky and Jill. Others as well here have posted how I feel. Glad it isn't me being anal. I will try the letter first.:flowers:

11. That is exactly what bothers me^^^we pay so much to maintain and landscape, yet these people don't stop to think that it's so unappealing. At least IMO:sad::crybaby: