Do I pull the trigger on...

You kept the best ones, Juda! I remember these! I thought that the blue one was baltic, but maybe I'm only remembering that because it was around the time that baltic was around.

I think the karung Cabat is very different from your ostrich ones. What made you sell the others--was it the difference in size? The colors? What ultimately made you decide not to keep them?

You mentioned that the karung could duplicate your etoupe B35, but I think it has a much different vibe, capacity, and shoulder-carrying ability.

I am one of the anti-enablers here, but it sounds like you want the karung. I guess I'm wondering what your main hesitation is. But if you're looking for anti-enabling, I'm happy to oblige! Your current Cabat collection is superb with both neutral and color bases covered. They're truly special specimens, rare in the rarified world of Cabats. You have another taupey neutral tote in your B. You certainly could get by without this and enjoy your current Cabats even more..... Shall I go on?

Reactions: ksuromax
Agree with @blueiris you have all needs covered, but if you want some changes, i suggest you move on the brown one and get the karung. Or any other which you use less :smile: good luck deciding!

group photo.
Whaht do u think ladies? Do I add the karung cabat to my cabat collection???

I think you should add the new karung if it suits your needs and you love it.

But I think that you should maintain a balanced photo. To help you do so, I am willing to take one of the ostrich cabats off your hands. I'm selfless that way! :graucho: Actually, since my goal is to help you, I'd be willing to take all of the ostrich cabats to lighten your load! They are all so gorgeous! I can't stop looking at your photos.

(You don't know me but I'm not as crazy as I may seem here. Well, maybe I am, but I still covet your bags! :panic:).

Last edited:
... To help you do so, I am willing to take one of the ostrich cabats off your hands...
Oh Diane, you are so generous with your time and energy. I was going to model your behavior by offering to take one. But you were by far kinder in offering to take all three. There you go again.....:nuts:

Blueiris - tks a lot for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.
As always you make perfect sense.
I sold the other cabats (and it was a big hit/loss money wise) because having many bags from the same style made them feel less special.
I had the same problem with my venetas and buying the same H scarves in different colors.
I am worried that once the wow effect of the karung cabat (it is a beautiful cabat) i will get bored of it and it will be another huge loss.
But luckily for me now I know that the very helpful Diane is so selfless and she will help me unload them and keep the balance.

Reactions: diane278
Uh oh. I was leaning to definitely pas but in looking at your Cabat and thinking about the Karung, I think you've got a pretty different bag if you add it. As I wrote separately, you could say you have the neutral covered with Noce. But the Pale is quite a bit lighter. And the Tornado is darker than I first thought. Even with your Etoupe Birkin, you're close to the neutral but it's still darker than the Pale.

As for texture, the Karung definitely has more. But only you can decide if the texture and 'amount going on' suits you. Again, as I wrote separately, I'm tentative about wearing the Karung with floral or patterned clothing. Close you eyes and imagine what you'd wear with the Pale. Do you see a lot?

Another thing to think about: What bag are you reaching for most right now? Why? What are you wearing--clothes wise--most right now? Think about that and it could help your decision.

Reactions: jbags07