Do I need TWO Ediths?

Thanks for all the advice Ladies! I'm keeping the Whiskey (as it was the first edith I fell for) - but i'm holding back on turning the chocolate in. I'm going to sleep on it for another week!

Sometimes I think I should branch out a little more with my bags - I have a habit of purchasing mulitples when I like something, be it Oranges or Ediths! But then again - if it works for you why not stock up, right? (how sick am I! haha)

I actually CARRIED my whiskey Edith today! It was the first day of summer classes, and I was "posing" as a student (until the class started), so I had to conceal about a ream's worth of handouts. Even crammed full of papers, Edith was slouchy and it seemed that the more I stuffed in her, the better looking she became! So I guess she will be my new teaching bag. I say keep the whiskey!

^^I agee that the Edith look so right in a campus setting. At first I thought it would make me look too professor'ish - but now i'm just rolling with it!
I still keep flip-flopping - ugh if only I could keep both...

I would love a choco Edith but I've made up my mind that I can't buy another Edith without seeing it first. It's too hard and I think most of the ones left in circulation are rejects. If you've found one you love, I'd try to keep it, because chances are you may not find one like it again!

Roo said:
I would love a choco Edith but I've made up my mind that I can't buy another Edith without seeing it first. It's too hard and I think most of the ones left in circulation are rejects. If you've found one you love, I'd try to keep it, because chances are you may not find one like it again!

^^^You many have a point there. When will the next wave of Edith's be arriving? Are there still people on waitlists for this bag?

^^It sounds like the Fall brown is the "BRUN" color that other's have already received. (see other thread in this forum about it).

This is what scares me about returning my chocolate (with the plan of picking up one later) - what if they don't make anymore chocolate for fall (which it seems like they're not!) Then I lost out on my chance to have a Chocolate Edith!

You should keep both bags. Seriously. But seeing yours now really makes me want a Chocolate Edith. There's nothing wrong with having two bags in different colors.

I saw the other thread, but the Brun doesn't inspire me as much as Chocolate does. I've seen two on Ebay by sellers named Lebagboutique & eboutique that have Chocolate Ediths left, but I'm not sure if they are legitimate.

^^You're talking me into it. If I can't get another chocolate - then i'm definitely keeping this one. I prefer the darker richer chocolate color too.

If you do decide to purchase off ebay be sure to post here first so everyone can authenticate the bag for you. There are so many sellers on ebay selling fakes - it's unreal!

I will do that. I won't be able to until later today. Don't have access to Ebay right now. But I hope everyone will be watching authenticate this later to help me out.

I hope you decide to keep it. They are both Lovely. They will be Vintage before you know it. Especially if this is the only year for Chocolate!!!! Hands Down!

Beauxgoris - I am trying to authenticate an Edith I am tracking on Ebay and posted it on the authentication thread. If you have a moment to look at it, I would greatly appreciated your thoughts since you are familiar with the bag. Thank you!

Both of those sellers - lebagboutique and eboutique - are legit. The only drawback (I believe, can't say for sure) is they often sell several Edith bags in the same color but use the same photos for all of their auctions - photos of only one choco Edith for example - but they might have two or three to sell. If you are interested in the choco, ask them if the photos in their auction are the actual bag you will receive and if not, have them send photos of the one you are bidding on.

Beaux - I am thinking you won't get an Edith like that gorgeous, rich choco come fall - please hold onto it!!

^^I think you're talking me into it roey. I think maybe part of the issue is it seems they seem less like summer bags (than some of my other handbags) - so I feel like I don't use them both enough yet to justify the price - But I think late summer/early fall i'll be using them more so maybe it won't seem like such a big thing then.

Okay for now my Choco Baby will stay!:love:

Roey, thanks for the info. It's was just as you said about the sellers of the Ediths in question. But I lucked out and bought a Choco on NM last night right in the middle of my questions to them. Hope it's OK. Will know tomorrow.

Beaux, Great Decision. Keep Both.