Do I need to wear sunscreen especially on face?

Macprincessx

Mar 31, 2013
X Uk X
Hey all..I have never wore sunscreen separate on my face unless within a moisturiser I have used..do I need to wear sunscreen everyday and for what reason? Do I stick to moisturiser with a SPF in it or use a separate sunscreen altogether? I'm confused help!!?

labelwhore04

Apr 14, 2011
We the North
It depends what you're doing. If you're gonna be outside for long periods of time in direct sunlight then i definitely think you should wear sunscreen. If you're laying out by the pool or on a beach, you should use real, strong sunscreen... but for your average day to day life, your moisturizer should do just fine.

Macprincessx

Mar 31, 2013
X Uk X
Well...I never sunbathe as I'm quite fair I just use fake tan products but I do go outdoors I've just never realised how much of a big deal sun screen is..! Do I use it with my moisturizer on my face, separately, on my body too :-/ just confused!

Kbryan3

May 10, 2014
Depends on how easily you burn. In my opinion, and I do this daily, I use spf 50 kids sunscreen on my face everyday under my bb cream when I'm not being a couch potato. Even if you don't feel burnt or have redness you could have a sunburn. Plus it's better to be safe than sorry. No one wants blemishes or wrinkles!

Apr 15, 2007
Yes you need to wear sunscreen if you intend to be outdoors for a short or long
period of time.

I wear sunscreen every day, rain or sunshine...

bunnyr

100jellybeans
Jul 17, 2012
Yes wear separate SPF not the combined one in moisturizer. Better texture, won't interfere with other key ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum mobile app

Apr 15, 2007
What separate moisturiser would I use for my face? :smile:

what type of skin do you have... dry, oily combo?

You would want a moisturizer that is a little lighter as the summer is here

There are some good drugstore brands also health food stores..

If you live near an Ulta or Sephora, just go & test a few

MistH

Jun 5, 2014
Yes yes yes. Never leave house without sunscreen. I use an SPF 50 on top of moisturizer.