Do I Need to Have a Higher End LV?

I totally know what you mean about having a price point for bags that you don't want to go over.

I LOVE handbags and I absolutely LOVE LV bags. But even with this obsession, I just CANNOT exceed a certain dollar amount for one bag. It just doesn't feel right for my lifestyle. And it's definitely not me. As everytime I think I'm going to exceed that limit, I start to think about everything else I could get instead; and that definitely doesn't help justify buying another bag that I wouldn't use that often because it cost so much or that will eventually become worn from use or accident (eek!).

With that said I absolutely love to see other people's handbags though! And can appreciate those designs, but for my lifestyle and needs I doubt I'll be seeing them in my collection anytime soon.

As to the hierarchy of bags, quite frankly for an LV bag, even their most affordable bag is still pretty pricey!

So love the bags you have because they are beautiful and you enjoy them! And remember sometimes the simplest piece is what can make an outfit work. And its always better to have a bag you love, fits your lifestyle and that you'll use!

Keep in mind that Tpf'ers are the minority. Most people I know would be happy to have 1 LV, nevertheless 2 or 3, as many members here have. Those members that own 10-15 bags are NOT the majority.

As this country is still in a recession, many people are struggling just to keep their homes. Let's be grateful that we have disposable income to buy ANY bag, especially LV :flowers:

So very true!!! :yes:

It is definitely a personal preference. However, it is also very tempting on TPF. :shame: ...I am trying to rationalize here and yes sometimes the simplest bag just works better. My galliera is one of them. If you love the NF, then go with the NF :P

Keep in mind that Tpf'ers are the minority. Most people I know would be happy to have 1 LV, nevertheless 2 or 3, as many members here have. Those members that own 10-15 bags are NOT the majority.

As this country is still in a recession, many people are struggling just to keep their homes. Let's be grateful that we have disposable income to buy ANY bag, especially LV :flowers:

ITA!! :tup::tup:

I didn't really know there was a hierarchy, but I see what you mean. There's no need to extend your budget. Buy what you love and can afford, because bags aren't worth going bankrupt over. Just my opinion. It may take you a while longer to save for a bag, but at least you know you don't owe any money to anyone. Hope that helps.

No, don't feel bad, just be happy that you own some LV items...just think, there are lots and lots of people who can't afford anything that's LV (or a lot of other labels for that matter. I mean, how many women do you see everyday who are carrying no-name bags, or fakes? The majority!) I saw the photo of you with your NF azur and you looked super-model gorgeous. Of all the LV bags out there, some of my favorites are NFs and Speedies. It's all about carrying what you love, not about the price tag.

No, don't feel bad, just be happy that you own some LV items...just think, there are lots and lots of people who can't afford anything that's LV (or a lot of other labels for that matter. I mean, how many women do you see everyday who are carrying no-name bags, or fakes? The majority!) I saw the photo of you with your NF azur and you looked super-model gorgeous. Of all the LV bags out there, some of my favorites are NFs and Speedies. It's all about carrying what you love, not about the price tag.

That's true...I feel already better by reading these comments. And you kind words were more than generous and I greatly appreciate them!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

nobody NEEDS anything other and food and shelter...a bag...ANY bag is a WANT...and any LV bag is a luxury want item that only about 1% of the world's population can afford. Being part of that 1% is something in itself to be proud of!

and IMO...monetary worth does not necessarily equate to a respective value!

NO!! Have the LV bags you love, and can afford and be happy about it. I have NF and more expencive LV bags. And I use the NF more... Goes with everything, holds a lot and is stunning!!! Be proud over your bags!

Someone will ALWAYS have a more expensive bag. If you get the most expensive louis vuitton in the whole world, then someone will have a hermes that cost more. And someone will always have a car that is worth more then that Hermes. And someone will have a boat that is more expensive then that car. and someone will have a house that is more then that boat.

Who wins?

The slimmest?
The prettyest?
The oldest?
The youngest?
The one who has the most debt?
The one with the biggest fortune?

Everyone leaves this world empty handed.

I don't think anyone lay on their death bed and exlaimed - "I should have had more STUFF"...

:goodpost: