Do I need to call for a Price Adjustment?

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
I bought Several Coach items in the past week that I now need a price adjustment on. Do I need to call the store first and confirm if they can do it, or should I just drive by and assume they will do it?

I m also plannig to buy another bag with the adjustment value plus some gift card use, so I woundn't just adjust and leave, but I'd actually use the adjusted. Is that a normal procedure, are they most likely gonna be willing to do that?

I consider myself *quite* the expert on this subject by now. The policy is: w/in 14 days, w/ the receipt AND the bag in your possession. If you meet those 3 requirements, then you should be good. I'd probably want to call first just to make sure, but don't let them tell you that the tags still need to be on. Also, don't assume that you DON'T need the bag w/ you: although some stores will do a PA even if you DON'T have the bag w/ you, the policy is exactly as I stated in the first line. These PAs vary WILDLY from store to store, but I had an *incident*, shall we say, a couple weeks ago and I know the policy now from contacting Coach directly. I can PM you a copy of the email if you'd like.

Last edited:
What shellindc stated above is the PA policy at my outlet as well. You should be fine if that is all true, and maybe if it's not. My outlet allowed me to return and rebuy by things that were past the 14 day price adjustment policy, but I'm sure that will vary outlet to outlet. Good luck!

I consider myself *quite* the expert on this subject by now. The policy is: w/in 14 days, w/ the receipt AND the bag in your possession. If you meet those 3 requirements, then you should be good. I'd probably want to call first just to make sure, but don't let them tell you that the tags still need to be on. Also, don't assume that you DON'T need the bag w/ you: although some stores will do a PA even if you DON'T have the bag w/ you, the policy is exactly as I stated in the first line. These PAs vary WILDLY from store to store, but I had an *incident*, shall we say, a couple weeks ago and I know the policy now from contacting Coach directly. I can PM you a copy of the email if you'd like.

I would love it if you would PM me a copy of the e-mail that you got regarding their PA policy. I'm going to be going this week for a PA on something and would love something to take with me in case they try to give me any problems. TIA!

I got a PA over the phone since my outlet is 2 hours away...they are sending me a credit!They just pulled up my receipt from the numbers I had on mine and sent me out a credit.

I think it also depends on on the store...I went in for a PA to my local outlet and had to have the bag and the receipt. My friend went in today to do a return/repurchase, and the SA just went ahead and gave her the PA instead of having to go through the trouble... and the SA next to her complained that she had done it past the 14 days.

Hi sorry to bring back an old thread but I need help on a PA and I searched so this is what came up! Ok so I bought a Leah at the outlet Sunday for I believe (I need to check the receipt as my mom has it right now) $179 + my 20% off coupon. Now the bag is $140 + 20% off. I asked if I could do a PA if I brought in my bag and my receipt. The SA told me the tags MUST be on. I read the PA policy on the little card by the register and it didnt say anything about tags. I said that to the SA and she just said no I couldn't do it. Someone please let me know if I CAN do the PA. I know i'm only going to be saving about $30 but if I can get the money I would really like too! TIA for your help.

Hi sorry to bring back an old thread but I need help on a PA and I searched so this is what came up! Ok so I bought a Leah at the outlet Sunday for I believe (I need to check the receipt as my mom has it right now) $179 + my 20% off coupon. Now the bag is $140 + 20% off. I asked if I could do a PA if I brought in my bag and my receipt. The SA told me the tags MUST be on. I read the PA policy on the little card by the register and it didnt say anything about tags. I said that to the SA and she just said no I couldn't do it. Someone please let me know if I CAN do the PA. I know i'm only going to be saving about $30 but if I can get the money I would really like too! TIA for your help.

Email Coach and they will send you a written response which you can take with you to the store. I find all this |must tags on| babble interesting since they take the tags off of stuff at my outlet! Strange how inconsistent they all are, huh.

I was told the tags did not have to be on the bag for a PA or return...I recently was told this when I said the items were gifts and she offered to cut the tags off before wrapping them...I said well I may change my mind if I find something I like better and have to return it...she said it doesnt matter if the tags are attached...but I still didn't let her cut them off!!

I have what's probably a really stupid question, but my search efforts have failed me. If I buy a bag at FP and then it goes to the outlet within 14 days, can I get a price adjustment? Or is that only possible if I were to buy something at the outlet and then it was discounted further? Thanks!