Do I NEED an Alma?

Dtrivi89

O.G.
Feb 3, 2013
I see lots of ladies here with Alma bags....my question is do I need one?

I'm not sure if the shape is for me but it is a STUNNING bag. I really like the Amande Electric color and I have been looking for a bag that shade of green.

Ok so if the consensus is "Yes you need one to be a true LVoer." Then the next question is what size PM or GM? I am 5'7" and 125....average build, maybe more on the slender side I don't know haha. I like a big bag but not insanely overpowering.

Well, I suppose we all don't *need* LV bags to begin with, lol, :smile: but think about it if you'd be comfortable with one. The Amande Electric you saw in my reveal last night was finally my decision after almost a year. Like you, I wasn't even sure if I liked the Alma. So I passed on it the first time. After that, the Amande went away for a little bit I think and then they added a little more to their stock. And I guess I finally fell in love with the shape/material of the bag. Took a while though.

If you choose Amande, the GM isn't available. I tried to get one a while ago, but they don't have them in stock in the US. So the PM is your only option for that color and there are ~20 left out there, so I'd move on that if you're serious about it. As much as I want that nonexistent Amande GM still, I think it might be overpowering for that mint color. It's quite the color, but perfect in PM I think.

i'm an alma fan (obviously from my avatar!). i love the classic shape of it. mine's the pm size tho. i'm only 5'4", so something that is large and structured like the alma gm really overpowers my frame. my bff who's a couple inches taller than me has tried on the alma gm (in mono) and it looks great on her.

if you like the style and the color, go for it! especially since that particular green is the shade you have been looking for anyway.

My advice is to buy something only if you think it will suit your lifestyle (or some aspect of it).

Otherwise you end up being one of the individuals who posts 3 months later that your new bag just isn't not working for you and asking for recommendations on how to sell it (at a bit of a loss).

My advice is to buy something only if you think it will suit your lifestyle (or some aspect of it).

Otherwise you end up being one of the individuals who posts 3 months later that your new bag just isn't not working for you and asking for recommendations on how to sell it (at a bit of a loss).

I agree with you completely! At this stage of my collection I guess I can't justify spending $2400+ either...maybe down the road! I won't even try it on until I'm ready to pull the trigger so to speak