Do I NEED a trim after 10 weeks if I don't have split ends?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
For some really weird reason I don't have split ends. I'm wondering if its because I got the GHD just before my last trim.

Seriously, I have only a couple and that's about how much I have at all times even right after a trim. Maybe that's normal though? But before my GHD I would get a noticeable amount at about 5-6 weeks and I'd head in for a trim.

I like my hair's length just fine too.

But I'm so paranoid! I've ALWAYS stuck to 6 weeks but mostly because I noticed the split ends before! This time my hair is just so healthy though and looks just fine.

Just curious... because if I do get a trim I might not do it for several more weeks. I just have this bad feeling though that I'm going to wake up next week and the ends of my hair will be ratty and I'll need to get like 4 inches chopped off or something!!

I think short hair needs to be trimmed often. But longer hair not so much. I have long layers on curly hair. I've been going every three months but last time I went I thought it was looking pretty good and my stylist remarked that it looked good too. So I'm thinking of stretching it out a bit longer between cuts. I'm paying close to $100 by the time I tip her so it's a bit expensive IMHO.

Only if it's a cut that needs to be a certain length to look how you want it to.

Otherwise, there is no point in cutting off healthy ends. I have untreated waist-length hair and the last time I got a haircut was spring last year, and I have to look hard to find a split end. If you're growing your hair, then cutting it is the last thing you want to do, you know.

If you're maintaining a length or a cut, then you can (but don't need, obv) trim, as it's unlikely you will get split ends in a few weeks, unless you're hair is really badly processed.

I'm w/ everyone here. I have not cut my hair for months b/c I don't enjoy going and having it done. I'm lazy w/ it... I have hair that is almost to my mid-back area that is wavy w/ long layers. It has actually looked pretty good lately! It does need a very slight trim and shape up though.

When it starts to look rough, get it trimmed.

I don't have any split ends either and have been taking really good care of my hair. No heat since March 2008. That was also my last haircut. Looks good to me (except today - bad hair today)

I don't have any split ends either (at least I don't think i do) but I get regular trims just so hair has some shape/style to it. Sometimes I am tempted to skip it while I get roots touched up but always end up getting a little trimmed at least.
I don't go every 6 weeks though. I just go when I feel it needs it.

I just got my hair highlighted and skipped the trim for the first time in forever too! I have getting it trimmed because i'm trying to grow it long! What's the GHD? I'd like to be able going 10 weeks without a trim but I get split ends so often as of right now, but if "GHD" could eliminate that problem I would definitely skip trimmings all the time

I just got my hair highlighted and skipped the trim for the first time in forever too! I have getting it trimmed because i'm trying to grow it long! What's the GHD? I'd like to be able going 10 weeks without a trim but I get split ends so often as of right now, but if "GHD" could eliminate that problem I would definitely skip trimmings all the time

ghd is a hair straightener ! lol adding heat to it without a heat protectant isn't such a great idea . but im sure the quality of it is superb since it runs so high ! im dyinggg to get a T3 dryer, maybe next sephora f&f