Do I need a Reissue 226

emmajayne

O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Hi, I have been searching and searching threads all week.
I love the Reissue and thinking of saving for my 30th bday but wondering is it worth the price
?
I wonder will there be another price rise too this year.
I already own a:
Chanel Jumbo sw caviar
Chanel mini rectangular sw hw caviar
Chanel camera bag small
Celine big bag black

I am thinking of adding a reissue 226 to complete my collection?

I wear my Celine to work and rotate with Chanel jumbo and stick to my mini or cam bag for weekends.

I’m really glad that I bought mine last year before the price increased and it’s a great size bag between the jumbo and m/l. I like it without the cc logo very understated and it can be worn as crossbody too. Btw I am in the same dilemma as you cos I’m thinking but not sure to buy the m/l since already got the jumbo, reissue, mini rectangle and woc. Anyway the boutique didn’t have the bag I want, chevron in shiny puffy caviar leather so no need to buy, well for now....hehehe

Oh is it worth buying the reissue? If you are madly in love with it then yes it’s worth every penny you pay.

Reactions: emmajayne
I’m really glad that I bought mine last year before the price increased and it’s a great size bag between the jumbo and m/l. I like it without the cc logo very understated and it can be worn as crossbody too. Btw I am in the same dilemma as you cos I’m thinking but not sure to buy the m/l since already got the jumbo, reissue, mini rectangle and woc. Anyway the boutique didn’t have the bag I want, chevron in shiny puffy caviar leather so no need to buy, well for now....hehehe

Oh is it worth buying the reissue? If you are madly in love with it then yes it’s worth every penny you pay.
I purchased 2 Reissues and a M/L Classic Flap and I use my Reissues everyday. It is a great bag and it is easy to carry.

I purchased my black Reissue 226 last year. I absolutely love it. I also have a black caviar Jumbo, but like how the 226 is more understated as well as a bit smaller and lighter. When I purchased my Jumbo, I almost got the 226 instead but my husband much preferred the Jumbo which swayed my decision. I’m thrilled I have both in my closet.

Since I purchased it, it’s become my most used bag. I love it so much that I ended up purchasing a gray 227.

I highly recommend the 226. I think it would be a lovely addition to your closet.

I own a reissue 225, two minis, M/L classic flap and an old medium boy bag, used to have a medium business affinity. I have to say, the reissue is my absolute favorite and most used bag! It's so easy to use, so carefree, really love the leather as well. So easy to carry, and I find the strap very comfortable, more so than the regular straps of the classic flaps.

Now wanting to add a reissue 226 as well. My mom has the reissue 227 and she looooves it more than any of her other chanel bags as well.

Reactions: Law
I've been debating getting a 226 as well to complete my flap collection. Curious, what is it about a 226 (or a Reissue in general) that makes people reach for it more than a CF?
For me, I find the strap more comfortable and easy to wear. Also, the leather is very pliable and soft. I find the inner flap of my classic flap annoying, but I don't feel that way about my reissue at all! The bag also rests on my body better than the classic flaps because I like to wear it with the "slouchy" bottom, not flat. Lastly, the leather is so carefree-- more so than caviar leather, in my opinion. Hope this helps!

For me, I find the strap more comfortable and easy to wear. Also, the leather is very pliable and soft. I find the inner flap of my classic flap annoying, but I don't feel that way about my reissue at all! The bag also rests on my body better than the classic flaps because I like to wear it with the "slouchy" bottom, not flat. Lastly, the leather is so carefree-- more so than caviar leather, in my opinion. Hope this helps!

Thank you! What is it that makes the inner flap of the reissue less annoying? (I know what you mean about it being annoying in the CF; is it that the reissue's outer flap is more pliable/softer as opposed to the stiff outer flap of the CF that seems to push down on the inner flap when you're trying to reach in?)

Thank you! What is it that makes the inner flap of the reissue less annoying? (I know what you mean about it being annoying in the CF; is it that the reissue's outer flap is more pliable/softer as opposed to the stiff outer flap of the CF that seems to push down on the inner flap when you're trying to reach in?)
Yes indeed! The reissue's outer flap AND inner flap are both more pliable and are very easy to get out of the way, while I find the CF's flaps are more of a nuisance.

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
I've been debating getting a 226 as well to complete my flap collection. Curious, what is it about a 226 (or a Reissue in general) that makes people reach for it more than a CF?

For me, it’s the size and the fact that it can hold a lot more than the CFs (226 vs M/L). I also love how you can wear it crossbody very comfortably whereas you can’t with the M/L CF. Last but not least, I just prefer the distressed look of the 226 and find it is very durable/care free.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: ChanelCanuck