Do I need a Marylebone...or not?

Hello, PF! I'd love your opinion here!
I currently have a portobello GM, Sully MM and Artsy MM. I use a leather MBMJ as a diaper/mommy bag at the moment. However, I'm considering the Marylebone (how do you pronounce this? I've never been there and am not quite sure...).
Sorry for any typos...TOF won't let me see what I am typing!
Anyway, we are headed to Disney Land in April, and I can't help but think the Marylebone would be a perfect, chic, lightweight bag to carry there with the family!
However, is it redundant given my collection?
Hmm...

Hello, PF! I'd love your opinion here!
I currently have a portobello GM, Sully MM and Artsy MM. I use a leather MBMJ as a diaper/mommy bag at the moment. However, I'm considering the Marylebone (how do you pronounce this? I've never been there and am not quite sure...).
Sorry for any typos...TOF won't let me see what I am typing!
Anyway, we are headed to Disney Land in April, and I can't help but think the Marylebone would be a perfect, chic, lightweight bag to carry there with the family!
However, is it redundant given my collection?
Hmm...
I think your portobello gm is gonna be better at disneyland than this marylebone. not sure if you've gone to disneyland all day before, but I have, and I would hands down bring the port over the marylebone. I can see that bag being uncomfortable and the straps falling down after a long period of time.

I don't think the Marylebone would be good at Disney Land at all, and it's also very similar in style and function to your portobello. I'd recommend a Crossbody, but probably not even LV. Prada nylon or similar maybe?.. Have fun on vacation!

To a theme park, I would not bring an LV. Some rides get you wet. Get a Longchamp instead or a cheaper type bag you can carry & not worry about.

+1. Also the Marylebone has an open top. At a theme park, I think it's a much better idea to have a bag with a zipper. Crossbody if possible, so you can be hands-free while you're doing all of that walking.

I have Marylebone and Sully and Portobello is next on my list.. Marylebone is a very pretty bag but for the purpose you mentioned, I wouldn't recommend it because it's open tote bag. A worry free bag and light weight will be longchamp or for hands free a cross body bag. :smile:

I don't think the Marylebone would be good at Disney Land at all, and it's also very similar in style and function to your portobello. I'd recommend a Crossbody, but probably not even LV. Prada nylon or similar maybe?.. Have fun on vacation!

Totally agree! I had a nylon Prada which was perfect and I have used it tons since with my kids. Plus, you wouldn't want an open tote at Disney either, IMO.

i have to agree with everyone else ;)!! no LV to a theme park. to many accidents waiting to happen :faint:. bring a Longchamp or some other nylon thing to the park and save your LV from a disaster!!

If its just for Disney...no, but if you want to add to your collection I say yes. You don't have any tote styles. And I think the look os quite unique.

image-617176094.jpg

But I may be a little biased. And I have a cure for the open tote.

image-1827394285.jpg

At any rate, I used my Eva at Disney just fine.

If there's any potential for small children to eat a bunch of crap and then vomit it up on rides, I'm probably going to go with a NO, NOT A GOOD IDEA.

You guys are hilarious.

I think I was seeing it as a great new bag for the collection, and I was telling myself I could use it at Disney as a way to justify buying NOW. You guys are so right about the practicality issue. I have a red nylon jpk Paris tote that will work just FINE.

I carried my mono neverfull to Disney and it was terrific! I have 4 kids too so I have more of a chance than most mom's for vomiting, etc. I am an LV girl through and through and I love to carry them everywhere - except the beach LOL! If I were you I would consider purchasing a preloved LV bag as a "beater" - but that's just me!