Do I need a key holder?

simbasam

O.G.
Mar 20, 2008
Hi Ladies
My hubby bought a Black Lamb Jumbo SHW and matching wallet for me as a push present (I'm due in 3 weeks) and it just now occurred to me that I may need a key holder or something to keep from scratching up the inside of the bag... and the lamb wallet. My other jumbos are caviar and I don't baby any of my seasonal bags so I'd never given it a thought. What do you ladies use or do you not worry about it? TIA

I do use a key holder to prevent scratches in my bags and to keep my bags organized, but it's not a Chanel. :smile: But if you love Chanel, get one. :smile:

I also use a keyholder too. I found a Chanel red lambskin 6 keyholder in Vegas for $500.00 bucks; I end up passing on it and getting a LV one instead. IMO it's well worth the money.

Last edited:
I use a LV keyholder as well. It's the 6 key in damier. Love it!
I think it definitely makes a difference in protecting against scratches.

IMG_4001.jpg

This is a great thread. I think I need a key holder now, too. I was always concerned about my keys scratching my calfskin CC wallet in my bags. Why did I not think of this sooner?

Key holder, or cles, or a little pouch. doesnt have to be chanel.. something bright like LV vernis or LV Multicolor would pop inside a black jumbo :smile:

Thanks for all the opinions! I was looking at the LV MC 6 key holder last night and was thinking it would be super cute inside my bag. :smile: I just can't believe a key holder never occurred to me before but I don't want to add unnecessary bulk. Thanks for letting me know it's worth it!

I love my key holder (LV) however, after reading this thread I realize i never actually use it as intended for (as in actually tucking my keys inside) so i just tried but they don't all fit :sad:

Haha I just went through this realization a few days ago. I bought a caviar jumbo and my bf has been nagging me about my HUGE chunk of keys for months because I never take them if we go out since they don't fit lol. I had the Eiffel tower on them, bunch of those stupid keychain cards etc it's a mess. I never cared because I never had a leather lined purse. Then I'm like omg I don't want to scratch it! Chanel has a pouch thing for $450 for lambskin whether quilted or camellia. The caviar was DULL ugh pass. So I went into LV and the key holder with the metal clasps would work if my giant chunky car key would've been one that folds in but alas it is not. Grr. So I found the cles and I chose the one in DA azur and I love it. I whittled my keys down to the basics and it's perfect! And it's 185. They are snug and don't jiggle around. I'm considering another one or the bigger pouch for all other crapola.

image-155197001.jpg

View attachment 1832416

image-2878347343.jpg

Attachments

• image-2140576181.jpg
    image-2140576181.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 1,957
LadyEnoki said:
Haha I just went through this realization a few days ago. I bought a caviar jumbo and my bf has been nagging me about my HUGE chunk of keys for months because I never take them if we go out since they don't fit lol. I had the Eiffel tower on them, bunch of those stupid keychain cards etc it's a mess. I never cared because I never had a leather lined purse. Then I'm like omg I don't want to scratch it! Chanel has a pouch thing for $450 for lambskin whether quilted or camellia. The caviar was DULL ugh pass. So I went into LV and the key holder with the metal clasps would work if my giant chunky car key would've been one that folds in but alas it is not. Grr. So I found the cles and I chose the one in DA azur and I love it. I whittled my keys down to the basics and it's perfect! And it's 185. They are snug and don't jiggle around. I'm considering another one or the bigger pouch for all other crapola.

Lol! I totally get the huge chunk of keys thing! My hubby makes fun of me all the time bc I don't even know what most of the keys go to! At least this will force me to organize my key ring :smile: