Do I just trust the seller to refund?

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
Hi - I have received an item that is without doubt a SNAD. If the seller 'agrees' to my returning the bag, do I just have to trust the seller to refund me upon her receiving the bag back? How do I inform eBay/paypal of my intentions prior to posting the bag back so that they 'make' her refund?
I have had this situation before and it all went well, but I just sent the item back and the seller refunded, however this is of a higher value and a new seller with just one feedback.
Obviously if the seller is 'funny' about a return then I will file a SNAD ... But I think it would be nice to resolve it between us first...
Thanks for any input..

lavie

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
Whenever I've had to return items, I usually trust the seller to refund without opening an ebay/paypal dispute.
It's best to have all communication done via ebay messages, that way there is a record on ebay should the seller decide not to honor the refund.
Based on your prior communication with the seller, has she been responsive and accommodating?

oggers86

Dec 7, 2008
I have done this twice and just trusted the seller to refund which they have. This last time I paid on my credit card and had proof of postage and delivery (plus emails agreeing to a refund and return) so I figured if I have any issues I would just do a chargeback.

meandmylouis

Washington,DC
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
I usually trusted the seller. I just watch the delivery confirmation, and if said delivered, I e-mailed the seller and ask to please refund my money. If you have an issue, you can contact Paypal (assumed you paid with Paypal)

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
thanks for the replies - well the seller contacted me and was very nice...I have sent it back special delivery, and the seller was happy to refund me when she receives the bag. Yes, it was paid thru ebay/paypal/credit card - all areas covered!!