Do I get this bag?

Miri221

Sep 5, 2018
My wonderful husband decided he wants to get me this purse after I've had a rough few weeks. I like it, although I probably wouldn't wear it until Spring.
It would be my first Gucci and I'm not as familiar with this brand as others. Is this style more of a trend on its way out, or do we think it's here to stay? How has Gucci's quality been over the last few years?
Thanks!

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/gucci-matelasse-leather-shoulder-bag/4643151

6a90fb60-2d28-4075-8a3c-a4372c398fb7.jpeg

Reactions: JenJBS
You have such a wonderful husband! I think this bag has a classic look and shape, plus it seems to fit a lot. I also have this bag in the same rose porcelain color on my wishlist :smile:

I haven't seen it carried around as much. It seemed very popular last year where I live, but it's more important that you love the bag and will use it. The color is also a great neutral that I think can be worn year round.
As far as Gucci's quality, I think their leather bags and slgs are very sturdy and well made. I have a tote, wallet, and woc that still look good as new despite being a few years old.

I think the aged-brass makes it more year-round friendly, plus of course AW is a continuation on the pastel front in terms of fashion. I see it as a typical camera bag and quite classic but only buy it if you love it.

I had this bag in black and it’s a lovely bag but I found it ‘capsized’ regularly and, for me, this made it a slightly awkward bag. I had the same issue with a soho disco so it’s obviously a camera bag trait. Many people have them though so maybe I’m in the minority. Just thought I’d let you know so you can be aware of the potential negatives.

Reactions: Miri221
Thank you all for your input! I picked it up today. The color is definitely more neutral than I expected so it will go with muted Fall colors. That's a pleasant surprise.
I will most likely keep it but am still thinking it over. Not because I don't like it, but because I'm hypercritical of all my purchases. :doh:

• Love
Reactions: 880