Do I get the same style purse in a different color?

jess188

Mar 24, 2010
NC
Hmm. I love my grape shine lorca. Perfect size for me. I want an Olive Havana Hobo but too expensive for me right now, I can use a discount on the Lorca and get it in Olive.
Should I get the Olive too in that bag? It is gorgeous, and the Grape has the shine to it, the Olive does not.
How many of you have the same style bag in several colors?
What do you t hink?;)

AmbassadorBri

UPS <3's TPF, too!
Jul 23, 2009
LOL... Well, I have, um 5 Havanas.... 4 Tharpes.... 6 clutch wallets.... 3 Wyeth Totes.... 4 Lorcas.... I am a shame to all women. I can't help it. So, I'd say, get them all! LOL!

AmbassadorBri

UPS <3's TPF, too!
Jul 23, 2009
I find a style that I really love, and clearly, I go overboard. My excuse is that I have one to match all of my outfits? :biggrin:

Addiction is rough. I need to commit myself to Purse Rehab or something. STAT.

lulu3955

Harshed Mellow
Aug 14, 2008
USA & Italy
I repeat a lot of the same styles in different colors. Lorcas (2) Pallenberg duffles (2) Pallenberg Clutches (2) Havanas (2) Conrads (2) Clutch wallets (2) Pilots (2) Pomps (3) Keyfobs (4) Cuffs (4) Sometimes I even repeat leathers in different styles. It all a personal preference. If you love something go for it.

Since the Grape shine and olive have different textures I wouldn't consider it to be a repeat.

jess188

Mar 24, 2010
NC
Ok, so far thats a yes.. hehe, just kidding. I know I do something similiar with jeans, if I find a style i like i buy the same pair.

WHat color lorcas do you have and havanas?

carlottalyn

:)
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
I've had multiple Trophys and Havanas at different times...and probably other bags lol...I think it's fine to do, the different leather colors and textures really make them unique.

zoesma

NICE KITTY
Jan 22, 2009
New York
I love love love the trophy satchel....to me it just is the perfect bag....so I have it in Yam shine and Black shine...and if I had the funds I would have gotten it in GS too....and with my RM bags all I really had were MABs in different colors...so to me, if a bag works for you why not have it in different colors?

saccharine

Apr 14, 2008
NYC
definitely. i have several colors in my fave handbag styles. my dh thinks it's really silly but, he doesn't get it like we do. :smile: i usually do neutrals but, sometimes, i get a pop of color just for fun.

i'm the same way with clothing. if a pair of pants fit well, i'll get it in all colors that are appealing to me. same with cardis, tshirts, tops, underwear, etc.

it's such a hassle to find a good fitting item, so when i find one that works, i'll hoard it.

mlinky

O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
Um. yeah. If you love the bag, get it in every color you want. I refuse to admit on a public forum exactly how many styles that I have applied that philosophy to, but I don't regret any of them.

fleurdelis816

Sep 18, 2008
Sunshine State
I'm the type of person that when I find a style I like, I buy it in different colors. It's difficult for me to find a style I like in the first place so that is my reasoning. So if you love the Lorca then I say, sure go ahead and buy it in Olive....but just don't buy the Lorca in Olive if you really want it in the Havana. My experience is that when I settle I'm still unhappy until I get what I wanted in the first place

jess188

Mar 24, 2010
NC
I know what you are saying completly, that is why i am thinking. :smile:
I just have no patience when things arent on sale.

fleurdelis816

Sep 18, 2008
Sunshine State
I have NO patience whatsoever, Jess! Seriously, when I know a package is on the way I check the tracking a billion times a day. :blush: But trust me, if you are like me, if you really really want the Havana you won't feel settled until you get it. But if you have some extra funds and can get a discount on the Lorca, maybe that will help until you can get the Havana?? Let us know what you decide!

carlottalyn

:)
O.G.
Apr 10, 2007
If you're really in love with the Havana, I'd say wait...it really is a great style, I think it looks amazing in Olive. Although if you are head over heels for Lorca too...well, that's a tough call. ;) Also, have you thought about using the certificate HH is offering for sale? $155 for $200 gift certificate, stackable. So if you got two and used them with a discount (is the 25% off still valid?) that'd bring it down another $90. :smile: