Do I get charged eBay and PayPal fees?

I don't use eBay often and only usually for smaller things. I just got my statement and saw I was charged roughly 10% of the purchase price for an item I sold. As expected. I checked my PayPal account and they've deducted $20 from the payment I received? Is that right?

I've never noticed it before and just wasn't expecting the double. Always thought the eBay fees were all I was stung with.

If that's the case, it's just not worth selling with them anymore. $750 item sold and I've lost $100 just in fees to eBay and PayPal.
[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Now that Tradesy has doubled their commission Ebay is about the least expensive place to sell.
Actually Bonanza probably is but I personally sell about one item every five years there

The fees are always a bummer, but as I see it most of the stuff I sell would be sitting in my closet anyways. I also cannot stand dealing with craigslist people anymore because there are so many flaky/sketchy/cheap people on it so eBay is the alternative.

Now that Tradesy has doubled their commission Ebay is about the least expensive place to sell.
Actually Bonanza probably is but I personally sell about one item every five years there
I'm not intending to sound like a cheerleader for Bonz but I've been selling there nearly exclusively for several years and once I opted in to the increased advertising options, my sales increased, often with a higher-than-3.5% commission but rarely higher than 7-8%. IMO, it's worth the potential higher FVF for the exposure. (Note that even when the increased advertising results in a sale, the commission isn't always higher than 3.5%!)

I'm not intending to sound like a cheerleader for Bonz but I've been selling there nearly exclusively for several years and once I opted in to the increased advertising options, my sales increased, often with a higher-than-3.5% commission but rarely higher than 7-8%. IMO, it's worth the potential higher FVF for the exposure. (Note that even when the increased advertising results in a sale, the commission isn't always higher than 3.5%!)
I hate Bonanza. I'm opted in to the standard advertising level, which charges up to a 13% max fee. The traffic is almost non-existent. I've only made 5 sales there. Only one was 3.5%. All the others cost more than 10%. There is no phone support at Bonanza. If you have a problem or question, you have to wait 48 hours for an answer. You can't have a conversation with anyone.

To OP: When I list an item, I add 15% to the amount I want to net in order to price my items. I'm never blindsided by the fees because I know what they will be before the sale, with the exception of the slightly higher fees charged on paypal for foreign currency.

Reactions: poopsie
Paypal just sent me an email that their fees are going up across the board, they've also changed the terms for donations, and a few other things. Heads up, everyone.

Paypal just sent me an email that their fees are going up across the board, they've also changed the terms for donations, and a few other things. Heads up, everyone.
From the article it seems like paypal is only increasing international sales fees? I don't think there were changes regarding the 2.9% transaction fee for eBay/invoiced transactions. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.