Do Handbags have a "BEST" color?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Or is this all a matter of opinion?

For example, i'm thinking of getting a YSL Muse and everyone seems to be clammering for a Ivory bag. Yes it has fans of the darker colors. But I keep reading how the white bag is really this bags "best" color.

Also the Chloe Edith. Although all the colors are wonderful. The demand seemed higher for the Whiskey bag (at least when I was trying to locate one) - maybe it's because it was the color that was featured in all the press ads?

And of course everyone knows that nothing beats a classic Caviar Chanel bag!

What do you think?

Do you think handbag designs have "best" colors? I know everyone's taste is different - but maybe there are colors that feature a bag best?

I think white is fabulous with gold hardware, probably that explains the muse. As for the edith, the design of the bag is such that it looks good in classic browns.

So generally, it depends on the design and of course individuals' preference.

For instance, these are my choice colors for some bags:
Paddington: mousse (grey-blue-green) and anthracite (metallic)
Edith: grey
Balenciaga: pewter (metallic)

Generally I lean towards grey and metallic colors. Of course other colors are nice too like tan and blanc paddington, the chocolate and whiskey paddy, but I wouldn't choose these colors because it's not my taste.

chidzuyo said:
I think white is fabulous with gold hardware, probably that explains the muse. As for the edith, the design of the bag is such that it looks good in classic browns.

^^I think the white with gold is beautiful. But it seems like a lot of people don't like it and wish the hardware was silver? I don't think it would look as "special" with silver hardware....

That's just me though.....

I think that bags have a "best" color. Everyone's opinion of what color a bag looks best in will vary though.

For example I like the following:
Paddy - Cream
Spy - White or Petrol
Balenciaga - Apple Green or any blue
Edith - Turquoise, I like the Chamois too

That's all I can think of for now.