Do Ferragamo purses/wallets hold their value?

chlee1

Apr 22, 2015
Hi, new member here, and new the the high end purse world. I have been saving up for the Miss Vara bow wallet on chain. I love the style, it seems very well made and and withstand a lot of use, and it's priced very well (A modest $695) compared to Chanel and Louis Vuitton, who's similar products run MUCH higher.

I'm wondering though, does Ferragamo hold it's value the way Chanel and LV products do? I tend to keep my nice products in good condition, and I'd like the option to resell if possible. Will the resale value of something like this be similar to coach or kate spade (very low, if any value, after 5+ years) or do Ferragamo SLG's hold their value well? It's difficult for me to find any information via eBay or consignments because the miss vara WOC seems to be a newer product, and not popular as other brands. I noticed LV and Chanel products in excellent condition sometimes obtain 100% or more the purchase price after a few years, due to constant retail price increases.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Ferragamo does not retain its value as it's not as popular as the other 2 brands you mention (LV and Chanel). Ferragamo has always been one of my favorite brands and I do not buy bags with the intention of selling them. If you are looking to resell in the future and want to get back what you paid or at least close to it, that's very unlikely. Ferragamo also goes on sale 30 to even 50% sometimes which doesn't help resell.

Ferragamo also goes on sale 30 to even 50% sometimes which doesn't help resell.

Thanks for your help! :smile:

I've been watching the miss vara clutch for 6 months now and haven't seen a sale on it. I'm only interested in black. Since I'm new to ferragamo, do you know if these "timeless" sort of items, in classic black ever go on sale? What is ferragamo's sale cycle like?

Thanks for your help! :smile:

I've been watching the miss vara clutch for 6 months now and haven't seen a sale on it. I'm only interested in black. Since I'm new to ferragamo, do you know if these "timeless" sort of items, in classic black ever go on sale? What is ferragamo's sale cycle like?

Ferragamo's tend to go on sale twice yearly. They tend to keep classics out of the sale, but there were some black Sofias that went on sale in the past season's sale. It depends on the leather too.

Sites like ruelala and gilt often have ferragamo bags for sale at a discount. I think you literally just missed a ferragamo sale on ruelala. Sorry! I would keep an eye out for those sales, and also, there's a friends and family event that you can take advantage of. I got 20% off my bag a couple of years ago from that event. I forget when it takes place though. Hope this helps!

No they do not therefore, if you are looking to purchase with the intent on resale you may want to purchase a different brand. However, if you want to purchase based on timeless luxury, Ferragamo is the brand.

It seems like every brand enjoys there time as the "it" bag of the moment and unfortnatley that is not the case with Ferragamo right now.

FYI-If you do decide to purchase Ferragmao...I would go with something other than a Vara if you are interested in a timeless,investment piece which may have a good resale value in the future.

Reactions: celine666666
FYI-If you do decide to purchase Ferragmao...I would go with something other than a Vara if you are interested in a timeless,investment piece which may have a good resale value in the future.

Thanks Tiffani, really appreciate your input! I'm interested in the vara bow WOC in black. It seems very timeless to me in terms of it's minimalistic hardware, clean lines and shape, and little/no detailing. Do you have a recommendation of another SF product that is more "timeless"? I'd love to branch out...I'm open to suggestions :smile:

Thanks Tiffani, really appreciate your input! I'm interested in the vara bow WOC in black. It seems very timeless to me in terms of it's minimalistic hardware, clean lines and shape, and little/no detailing. Do you have a recommendation of another SF product that is more "timeless"? I'd love to branch out...I'm open to suggestions :smile:
Hello,

Im sorry but I spoke too soon hun on your selection. For some reason I was picturing a different look for the Vara WOC. I would say your selection is perfect, timeless and the price is right!

If you decide to resale in the future you can always check out Bag, Borrow or Steal. I have found there buyouts are fair and often higher than the other resellers.

Have you decided on a color yet?
And please once you purchase, come back with mod shots :smile:

I recently bought a ferragamo wallet and it's really lovely. Supreme craftsmanship + leather, and all the details are just beautifully finished. Not sure if it will hold value, but don't think I'll be reselling it~

If it helps, their bags are very well made. My Mom bought her first one at full price a year and a half ago and carries it frequently and it hasn't aged a day. My first one was purchased from a consignment store (I posted it in this forum recently) and looked practically new!

I suggest getting a bag via consignment that isn't a trend color (my bag is saddle colored, I can carry it year-round, forever) and keeping it :smile: But even though my mom paid ~1400 and for a bag that is PURPLE, my Mom still considers it an investment to some degree because it makes her happy! Can't put a price tag on happiness.

Reactions: celine666666
No, for the most part so long as they are in EUC you should expect 25-40% on the dollar on ebay depending on the model and color and time of year you take it to market. This has been our experience. Even Balenciaga gets about that same % retention.

In terms of how the goods wear, I had an evening bag that I loved and used for years, without any noticeable wear and tear. Unfortunately I lost it on a trip. I finally decided to replace it with the WOC that you are referencing, but I have not used it yet. I waited until I could get bonus points at bloomingdales friends and family (no discount but $25 per $100 spent in loyalty cards). This made the price somewhat more palatable. The bag I lost, cost around 400 about 6 or 7 years ago, and a comparable bag costs a great deal more now. I saw a very similar bag BIN on ebay used for about $400 recently. Maybe it won't sell for that.