Do Factory Stores Mark Up Prices? I'm Confused!!

Romeebear

Jul 25, 2009
So, during the 20% off coupon last week, I ran to coach to pick up a few goodies. I was so excited because they had some Sabrinas! I had just bought a Peyton a few days before, so I had to resist and wait till next paycheck.. :sad:

Anyways, I really wanted the small gold sabrina, and noticed it was $398.00 with 30% off... so about $279.00.

The next say I went to Nordstroms, and was checking out the purse department, and saw the exact gold bag I wanted. I looked at the price, and it was $298.00??

Why would factory mark up the bag $100.00 more than at Nordstroms? I am confused. The bag was not on sale at Nordstroms, it was regular price.

:S
Lisa

hmm maybe different hardware? Like sabrina last season color are more expensice than this season..

I know the factory doesnt mark up their price.. If not Nordstrom ight of got the price wrong.. Was the price tag at Nordstrom the regular coach tag or the Nordstrom tag printed? I know sometimes they mismark it... it happen to me once... when the Penelope was 348, I got charge for 398..

I'm putting all my $$$ on the fact that the Sabrina that was spotted at the outlet was the Lg. opart that DID/DOES retail for $398.00. The department stores do not price their Coach bags any differently then the boutique's & online!!! Otherwise Coach would be competing with both the outlets AND the department stores!!!

Did the salesperson look up the price for you, just in case it SHOULD have been marked lower but simply had been missed getting marked on the tag? I've had that happen at the outlets.

It was the small, and the EXACT same bag at nordstroms. The large print sabrinas were $498 at the outlet and $398 at nordstroms. Don't understand why they are different prices? Sooo weird... ? I wonder how much they cost at the non-factory coach store. I will investigate soon :smile: (excuse to go in.. lol)

ITA. Now, when they had the 20% OFF coupons I did see that the Lg. Zoe's went from $229 to $259 but that is STILL way below MSRP at the FP stores. I'm sure if it was the small Sabrina it was just maybe accidently marked with a Lg. Sabrina tag. I've never encountered the outlets marking bags UP from the original MSRP and would think their sales would drop by a large percentage if this started happening or becoming common practice!!!

I've never experienced this before. Maybe they were just tagged wrong. It happens. I bought a patent leather Zoe and it was tagged as a Signature Zoe. LOL