do EDITHs hold their value?

Tanja said:
I actually prefer the strict return policy because it makes you think twice about a new purchase and you can be sure that you get an unworn bag.

Yes, I do need a policy that forces me to think twice about a new purchase! :lol: Most of the long-term returns stores receive are due to either buyer's remorse or financial hardships. I do feel s/a's should be more dilligent about carefully looking over returns for excessive use or damage but many don't. Saks actually seems to be a bit more strict in their policies than Nordstrom and NM. I recently returned a Kooba bag (to Saks) purchased last August (yes, buyer's remorse) and the s/a told me the only reason he credited my account was because it still had tags and the item skew number was still in their system (meaning they still carried the bag and could resell it). If the tags weren't attached or the skew number was invalid it could not have been returned after so much time had passed.

^^Wait you mean from a year ago! That's pretty good. I had buyers remorse about a kooba too - I sent her right back. I'm not sure why, the bag just didn't do it for me.

Mailbox cleared. :biggrin:

Beauxgoris, yes, from a year ago! I officially cleaned house of all my mid-range bags; every single Kooba and Michael Kors is gone. I returned the choco Chloe Bowler to BG online yesterday. And I also returned my large choco Muse to NM Boston - the birthday gift from my sister. I just couldn't get into it hard as I tried to give it a chance. But on the bright side, she has agreed to buy me a new Chanel bag instead. I'm currently mulling over options.

That's it! No more fall bags for me. Nothing is rocking my world right now anyway.

^^I got rid of my Muse too! It was beautiful, but I just wasn't using enough for the price. My newest love (will be) my Rouge Vif City Balenciaga bag.
I'm not sure what will happen to my Edith's. I feel like I haven't used them either.... (runs and hides...)

Beaux, I still adore my chamois and use it a lot but the choco I'm still trying to justify for the long-term.

I thought you loved your Muse? The oversize choco right?? The way I view YSL is that they produce a new "it" bag style ever year. So while the Muse may be popular now, it will soon fall the way of the Mombasa and be "yesterday's news". At least the Bbags have been consistent in the styles year after year, never looking dated.

beauxgoris said:
^^I got rid of my Muse too! It was beautiful, but I just wasn't using enough for the price. My newest love (will be) my Rouge Vif City Balenciaga bag.
I'm not sure what will happen to my Edith's. I feel like I haven't used them either.... (runs and hides...)

I just want to make sure I am reading correctly. Did you say you no longer have your XL muse? I considered you to be the queen of the muse bag. What happened? You are the reason for me purchasing my muse.:shrugs:

^^I really did love that bag - but it was too large for me to use all the time. (and my money is tight right now). I really wanted the new rouge vif balenciaga bag. Balenciaga makes colors for only one season and rouge vif is it's most popular color this season. (balenciaga has 2 major seasons for bags not including holiday bags). So by early next year/late this year, this bag will be gone. Once their gone they're gone. With b-bags a desirable color from another season, so let's say a specific 2003 color USED bag can go for WAY over retail because there are only so many of them on planet earth. So I figured i'd sell my Muse and get the rouge vif. I called YSL and they have no plans to discontinue the chocolate muse - so I can repurchase the bag in the late winter or spring. If I do i'd like to get a monogramed one this time (I guess that means I would NEVER sell it!) as I thought it was a nice touch.
I hope this explains everything well. I still love the Muse- but I can only afford so many bags at one time! :cry:

beauxgoris said:
^^I really did love that bag - but it was too large for me to use all the time. (and my money is tight right now). I really wanted the new rouge vif balenciaga bag. Balenciaga makes colors for only one season and rouge vif is it's most popular color this season. (balenciaga has 2 major seasons for bags not including holiday bags). So by early next year/late this year, this bag will be gone. Once their gone they're gone. With b-bags a desirable color from another season, so let's say a specific 2003 color USED bag can go for WAY over retail because there are only so many of them on planet earth. So I figured i'd sell my Muse and get the rouge vif. I called YSL and they have no plans to discontinue the chocolate muse - so I can repurchase the bag in the late winter or spring. If I do i'd like to get a monogramed one this time (I guess that means I would NEVER sell it!) as I thought it was a nice touch.
I hope this explains everything well. I still love the Muse- but I can only afford so many bags at one time! :cry:

Wow! I know what you mean, so you are a bigger b-bag fan instead.

How do you like the Edith I ordered one the other day and not sure if I will like it. Is it bulky and hard to carry?

^^To be honest i'm on the fence. I LOVE the look of the bag, I love when she's on my desk or on a table or when I have her next to me. She's not an everyday bag for me though. She can get heavy- but of course this is compared to b-bags which are light as a feather. I love the look of the bag. Since i'm a professor it seems to go with who I am and my DH thinks it's the best bag of all time (go figure!) - so for that reason more than any other i'm holding on to her for now.

What size/color did you get? Let me know what you think when it arrives!