Do Dior SAs work on commision?

I don't give a flying hoot whether the SA's are on commision or not ... I've never had any very bad experiences with snooty SA's, but some were definitely more pleasant than others :smile:

I do not wear designer clothes, don't have either the body or the money to buy it, and I have sometimes had the 'elevator look' from some SA - don't care, just don't go to that particular SA for help if I need it. I also tell them if I'm just looking - no need for them to go through all kinds of trouble to try and help me if I'm not looking to buy. Anyhow most of them actually have started pulling down bags etc. for me to look at or try on - and I think that is great, if they have the time why not try to convince me that I absolutely cannot live without X-bag or X-accessory? (sometimes it does work, you know ... ;)).

When I went to Balenciaga London, with the purpose to get a specific bag, the SA who was initially helping me went to another customer (who was def. more stylish than me) when I was trying on a bag - another SA came to help me so I made the purchase with her instead. Unfortunately for the first SA the stylish woman didn't get anything ... I was kind of hoping they were on a commision so that the second one got credit for coming to help me.

In Dior London everyone was absolutely fabulous! In Paris a little 'colder' when I came in on the first day - when I returned a couple of days later wearing my Granville and a huge Dior bag from another store there was a different attitude. Ah well, human SA nature I guess - and they were also very busy and lots of people walk in just to have a look around the beautiful boutique, so I completely get why they take more notice of customers who are already showing they use their products :biggrin:

Hi Black_Swarmer

I totally agree with what you said, and girl! your Dior Granville is so fabulous that's inspired me to get mine,too! so next time when you go to stores, just carry your granville! I am sure you look fabulous carrying it! :smile:

Thanks altu :biggrin: I actually got a lot of compliments for the Granville in Paris - apparantly it sold out super fast everywhere in Paris so the only grey Granvilles they had were a darker grey and only in medium - even the very nice SA in the Chanel boutique was admiring it, while trying to convince me to get one of hers, of course ;) (and there were some very nice ones, but I resisted!)

YES, Christian Dior SA's work on commission. They are paid and hourly wage as a "draw" and a percentage on sales above a certain amount.
Why are you resuscitating a thread that is more than a year old? :eh:

Commission payments also depend on employment status - permanent staff versus casuals.

I don't know about now but in 2008 my friend worked for DIOR in Manchester and there was no commission. The hourly rate was quite good and they had washing machine + tumble dryer for staffs to wash their uniforms. Staff discount was 17.5% (VAT at that time, now VAT in the UK is 20%). However, my friend told me that sbd reserved an item with her and went in to collect it when she was not there, the other SA would have to put my fr's name on the receipt. I dunno about the attitude to customer in that situation but that SA was not pleased with my fr, she thought she had to do the heavy lifting (yeah like put the item in the bag...)