Do D-list celebs get paid for appearances/events?

jackie100

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
I know Paris gets paid for appearances and quite well, but she's considered quite famous and well known... And I definitely don't consider her D-list, she's pretty much "up there" in terms of fame...

I'm talking more about D-list celebs who are semi-famous but not "really" famous such as Kim Kardashian and her sisters, Britney Gastineau, Caroline D'Amore (Paris' friend)....

I will often see these folks at events like some T-Mobile Sidekick launch event, or the opening of a club in Vegas, or Vegas Magazing 4th Anniversary party etc...

I was wondering if these D-F celebs get paid for being there and if so approximately how much? And do they pay for their own makeup artist at for these appearances or how is that arranged?

Does Kim K have an agent who gets contacted by businesses to attend their events or how is this all organized?

I'm really curious about these events after studying lots of pictures of celebs at these type of events...

Im sure that alot of these celebs get invited to the parties but I dont think they get paid. Pretty much, they need the exposure if they really want to be "famous" so they're happy to go for free. As far as expenses for make up artists and stylists, you would be surprised how many celebs dont use them.But that's just my opinion. I think it would be for a company's best interest to only pay the "famous" people such as Paris and Nicole but not their best friends you know? What kind of publicity could Kim Kardashian possibly bring that Paris cant?

Most of them get paid to go because it is classed as a Public Appearance but the amount differs depending 'how high' on the list they are and if an agent requests more money than the event organisers are willing to pay then they just don't go.

I expect you get to a certain 'level' and YOU have to pay the event organiser to let you go!!!! Ha!

I know the kids from the Real World get paid to make appearances at clubs and their like on the F-list. So I'm guessing that the D listers get paid for sometimes events.

I know the kids from the Real World get paid to make appearances at clubs and their like on the F-list. So I'm guessing that the D listers get paid for sometimes events.

Yea, I know for sure also the kids from The Hills get paid for club appearances and such... I think I read somewhere they were getting paid 10k a night for club appearances etc...

Actually I probably meant below F list, I think the Real World cast are higher up than Kim K cause at least they have a show and are probably more known than her because they have tv exposure at least...