Do coach bags smell?

shaselai

Mar 29, 2010
Got a coach bag from ebay and i am not sure how coach bags smell but do they have a smell? it is brand new and it doesnt smell nasty but there is a smell to it - is it just the product itself till it gets some wear? i guess like the "new car smell"?

Reactions: HannaS1001
My leather cherry Brooke smells..not really like leather, but a bit chemically. I have 4 leather Coach bags ( my fabric bags have no scent) and the Brooke is the only one that smells this way. But its a different leather then the others its more pebbly. I'm always afraid that the smell is some dangerous chemicals they have used in China to treat it with!

Yes Leather a very strong, esp the thicker older leather such as Legacy and Bleeker...

When I opened the box with my Bleeker Tote the Leather smell was overwhelming but I new the smell of the Bleeker Leather so I let it air out before placing it away...

there is a new coach smell and a worn coach smell... i love the scent of the coach store!! all the fresh leather is just fantastic to me... older, thicker leather pieces have a distinctive scent too and it seems to concentrate more when confined in a box for shipping... it's not all together pleasant scent to me but it's not repulsive... i've smelled it on every pre-owned ebay bag i've gotten and i smelled it just yesterday when i opened the box when one of my bags came back to me after a failed repair attempt

I returned one leather Sabrina because it had a chemical smell, though no one else thought it was noticeable, and the SA said it was just the shellac or the finish coat.
But I've bought other Sabrinas since then, and they didn't have the same chemical smell.

Recently I bought a leather Audrey that has the exact same chemical smell, and I decided to just air it out rather than return it, because again, no one else thinks it's noticeable. After a few weeks of sitting out the odor has almost gone and I'll be using it soon.

Yes Leather a very strong, esp the thicker older leather such as Legacy and Bleeker...

When I opened the box with my Bleeker Tote the Leather smell was overwhelming but I new the smell of the Bleeker Leather so I let it air out before placing it away...

Legacy definitely has a strong, distinct smell. Almost reminds me of the smell of a leather saddle. I love it!

The only leather bag that smells is my crackled gunmetal brooke - got her about 3 months ago and it still does. But I love her too much to return and hope it will air out eventually.