Do button wallets eventually start to curve up on the edges?

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hello all, I just have a quick question to Victorine wallet owners, or just wallet owners in general who have button closures. Do the corners/edges on yours curve up slowly as well? I’m gathering that must be pretty common? As I have noticed in my victorine wallet the corner slowly curving up. If that makes sense.

Hope someone can chime in on this. And if it’s normal what have you done/ or can do to stop it from happening.

Thanks so much!

I have noticed this on all the used wallets I’ve seen for sale. I think the constant lifting means it cannot be prevented. It’s the same with the curling on the card slots on a Emilie (for example). It has put me off buying any LV canvas wallets that have the flap. I only buy the zippy styles now.

Whilst I don’t think this would work with a Victorine, I did flatten one of my round bag charms that started curling by placing it under a heavy book for a couple of days.

Reactions: Bumbles
I agree with the above poster, seems like canvas envelope styles curl where as empriente does not. It holds true in my experience, I actually have sold two canvas sarah's that had curling in the card slots and a little on the corners of the flap. I have an older model vernis sarah and new model empriente and there's no curling on either. I'm not sure about my canvas victorine since I haven't used it in forever so I haven't looked at it recently.

i dont have wallet that is envelope style but i have the felicie in azur and its starting to curl up. not really fan of it. i have the clapton pm in raisin with a leather flap but fortunately its not curling at all. hopefully it will stay like that coz its leather

I have noticed this on all the used wallets I’ve seen for sale. I think the constant lifting means it cannot be prevented. It’s the same with the curling on the card slots on a Emilie (for example). It has put me off buying any LV canvas wallets that have the flap. I only buy the zippy styles now.

Whilst I don’t think this would work with a Victorine, I did flatten one of my round bag charms that started curling by placing it under a heavy book for a couple of days.
Thanks for sharing, and yes it would be better to get zippy style wallets. It is annoying how it does this though.

Only on canvas. Never seen it on Empriente pieces, ever. It’s due to the fact that as the canvas is a man made material that doesn’t stretch or conform like natural leather. I detest curling and it’s one of the many reasons I prefer leather over canvas…

Reactions: Chaliya and Jumper
Only on canvas. Never seen it on Empriente pieces, ever. It’s due to the fact that as the canvas is a man made material that doesn’t stretch or conform like natural leather. I detest curling and it’s one of the many reasons I prefer leather over canvas…
Yes I didn’t think abt that at the time when I got it, but I think it future I will either get leather or a wallet with a zipper

Reactions: Chaliya
Good to know and keep in mind. I just switched over from a canvas (Juliette) to an Empreinte (Clea). The button on the Juliette is an extra flap button, so far hasn’t curled for the 8+ months I was using it.

Only have 2 leather wallets with buttons, and I'm mindful to unsnap from the button, instead of just grabbing the flap and pulling them open, if that makes sense. I haven't had an issue with curling. One wallet is Chanel, and one is LV. My other leather LV zips around. Can't comment on canvas wallets.

That‘s the same reason why I chose the pochette clés (key pouch) over the 6-key-holder. Because I preffered a zipper style which would look brandnew after years of heavy use

I cannot stand the curling on canvas items that have a button/flap closure