Do Bayswaters become slouchy?

Somersetlove

Dec 4, 2011
I'm thinking of getting my first Bays. Originally I had lusted after an EW bayswater but when I saw one IRL I decided it was just a teeny bit too small. I had always discounted the Bays as being too big, but now I'm having second thoughts.

The thing I like about the Bays is how structured it looks, but do they lose their shape over time if they are not filled? I know that I won't carry enough in one to fill it, so I'm worried it will lose its shape and become slouchy.

Have any of you found this, or has your Bays retained its shape? Also do you do anything to protect the suede lining inside?

The NVT once will go slouchy but the bays comes in many different leathers. I would recommend using a VIP bag liner inside the bays to keep the interior clean.

I have a base board in mine which helps smooth the load - just made from thick cardboard covered with an old silk scarf, but more sophisticated versions can be found, I'm sure!

On one side of mine it slouches but the other side has remained. I keep it stuffed when not in use but it just doesn't want to stay in shape but I don't mind.

Will post up a photo if I get chance.

I have a suede bays which is extremely slouchy, a soft matte that is slightly slouchy and a patent that is so structured it stands up on its own!.. I never use a handbag liner or base shaper tbh i tend to use the suede one the most as i love it's casual slouchy look :smile:

Thanks for all the comments ladies. I'm hoping to go to a store this weekend and try one on and make up my mind. Once I do that, it'll just boil down to the age old oak or black debate!

I think a bag liner will be the way to go. I've checked out the VIP liners and they look great, so thanks for pointing those out. I love the TPF!!

Apologies for jumping on this thread but anybody got any tips how to sort out the left side. It doesn't bother me that much just don't want it to damage the bag. I stuff it when not in use.

IMG00192-20120602-1429.jpg

IMG00190-20120602-1428.jpg

I have an oak Bays for Macbook and I think it holds it's shape a bit better than the normal one. It has a slip pocket for a laptop which makes the difference. Sadly the Macbook version isn't available direct from Mulberry anymore.

I have an Oak and Black NVT bays, both were pre-loved before I got my hands on them but both in excellent condition. I don't have any slouching issues in either one at all. I do keep them stuffed (with plastic grocery bags) and in their dust bags when not in use, and use a bag liner when using them. But if I pull them out and pull out the stuffing and put nothing in them they stand up straight like proper ladies!

I think you never can tell as the leather is so individual,my friend and I both have NVT bayswater's mine has gone slouchy and hers has remained fairly structured. I never fill mine when in the dust bag but I quite like the character the slouchyness brings! Plus when it's over your arm with things inside it's going to look structured again. X

Hi there,

I have a new (couple of weeks old now!) Heritage Bayswater in High Pebbled leather (Nightshade Blue Pebbled Matte) and it is quite slouchy. I actually like it that way and I don't mind it starting to age but I've been a bit worried about it going all wrinkly on the back already after some weeks of almost daily use. I've been thinking about bag liners, but the liners I've seen here haven't seemed to be ideal for my "problem", since they don't seem to stretch all the way to the top to support the top part... I don't really know how to explain this correctly... :shrugs:

BUT - today I actually tried to put an A4 sized folder inside the bag and it did the magic! It's still not completely erect, but helped to ease my worries. :yes: The folder inside is a temporary solution but I think I'll try and find some kind of plate or board to place in there permanently (or at least to be used when the bag's not very full). Maybe I'll take another look at the liners too.

Referring to my message, I actually just took some pictures of these issues and the temporary solution, I could upload them here tomorrow (have to go to sleep now! ;)), if you would like to see / if you don't mind? Maybe you'd have some more ideas about how to help my baby keep its form!

(sorry for posting in a different post - the stupid security token problem keeps me from posting very long messages!)

Apologies for jumping on this thread but anybody got any tips how to sort out the left side. It doesn't bother me that much just don't want it to damage the bag. I stuff it when not in use.

View attachment 1742507

View attachment 1742506

Sorry for yet another post, but I think my temporary trick with a folder (or something like that) might help you too - I'll post the pictures tomorrow evening if I have a chance!