Do B-Bags last forever?

asin

as in asian
Mar 11, 2008
Singapore
www.whowhatwear.com
I'm new to this brand and am thinking of making a purchase. But before spending over a thousand dollars on a bag I was wondering if the bag has good enough quality that it'll last a long, long time, so that it'll still be looking good if I'm carrying it when I'm 60:nuts: Also, does it have good resell value? I just want to make sure that it'll be a worthwhile purchase, because B-bags aren't as big as other designers like Chanel and Prada, which I know will hold value for a long long time, making them worthwhile to purchase in that respect. Thanks for the help ladies!

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I think nothing will last as long as a classic Chanel flap. That being said I've used my black city for 3 years and love it even more than when she first arrived.

quilter

Sep 6, 2007
www.pennysisto.com
Asin,( speaking as a 60++++++ )..yes yes and yes..they do last, they do get mellower and more beautiful, and yes the resale value is pretty good..Welcome to the Bal Forum..

esiders

wishing and hoping
O.G.
Nov 2, 2005
northern NJ
Balenciaga as a brand is as old as Chanel and Prada, so I would say yes it has the staying power of those brands.

The motorcycle line has been going strong since 2001...can you say that about any other handbag line/style that was introduced in 2001? I can think if many other handbag lines that have gone the way of the dodo or were super hot and are not anymore. Most of us buy Bbags because we love the style...not because of potential staying power or resale value. You can't predict the way the wind is going to blow with the fashion industry.

If you are looking for a surefire "I will carry this bag until I'm 60"...buy a Chanel 2.55 or an LV Speedy. Both of those bags have been around for decades.

Jan 29, 2006
yes, yes, yes..they most definitely last forever! people on the forums buy bbags from as far back as 2001/2002...these bags are coveted pieces! plus bbags get better and better with time...

bumblebees

O.G.
Dec 21, 2007
Behind a Cactus
I think nothing will last as long as a classic Chanel flap. That being said I've used my black city for 3 years and love it even more than when she first arrived.

I def. agree with you on that one the Chanel flap is so classic hey basically almost all of their bags are. My mom has this black one "her fave" and it still looks amazing. Great investment pieces. Second would be bbags in my opinion. They're so simple and classic. I can still see myself carrying it in the far future. Plus they get more smooshier and more lush over time. Thats something to think about.

orinoco

Old school tPFer
O.G.
Jan 31, 2006
Montreal, Quebec.
in my experience bbags hold their value VERY well... which is one of the reasons i LOVE THEM so much! i mean for example... my LV speedy 30 is almost brand new, patinaed but no flaws, but just because it's 2nd hand... i really doubt i'd be able to sell it for more than 450, with the retail price at 650. however, i've had a blueberry day i've used the heck out of, retail was 995, and i still sold it for 750. kwim? :yes:

eliza

O.G.
Dec 2, 2006
Toronto
realistically, the bags have only existed since 2001 soooo unless anyone is psychic, you'll have to buy one and let us know what you think when you're 60!!! :P

halona

O.G.
Jun 2, 2007
NYC
I've only had a bbag for almost a year, but i do love her more every day. and her leather seems to get softer with each day!

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
NYC
my first bbag i got in in summer of 06. i still use it...my most broken in bbags...still in a good shape. except the handles...i wasn't being careful w/ it.
the broken in bbag leather are so nice...smooth and soft and buttery. KIM at balNY told me my used/old ink first was lovely.
you won't regret. better w/ use.