Do any of you wear your Cartier Love Bracelet while boxing?

do not wear it while boxing. the bracelet will act as a shock conductor and put all that shock energy from hitting into your wrist.

here’s a photo of my wrist after i made the mistake of boxing with two loves on. the photo doesn’t even show how bad it looked and it took a week to stop hurting.

Attachments

• 5D78941B-844F-4D22-82E3-7024924E3E1A.jpeg
    5D78941B-844F-4D22-82E3-7024924E3E1A.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 118
I don’t box, but along with all the other reasons above, I can tell you that it’s a bad idea with the classic Love due to all the vibrations.

I, currently, only wear one classic on my dominant arm, and after playing tennis for just one hour, one of my screws had loosen. I can only imagine boxing will do the same.

However, if it’s the small Love, which uses a lock mechanism, it’s completely fine to wear for tennis, but again, for martial arts/boxing, it’s a bad idea as can be seen from the above pic (ouch!).

do not wear it while boxing. the bracelet will act as a shock conductor and put all that shock energy from hitting into your wrist.

here’s a photo of my wrist after i made the mistake of boxing with two loves on. the photo doesn’t even show how bad it looked and it took a week to stop hurting.

Oh no :sad: that looks very painful. Did you just stop boxing or end up removing your love bracelet before each session. I heard consistently putting on removing love bracelets negatively affects the screws over time?

What I recommend doing if you're doing sports with the love which is hard to take off - is to use a sports wrist band to go over the love. So that there's no vibrations what so ever and prevents from scratching! Hope it helps!

I wear my classic and my thin while surfing. It's banged on the board a couple of times in bigger waves and has caused bruising and marks.

What I recommend doing if you're doing sports with the love which is hard to take off - is to use a sports wrist band to go over the love. So that there's no vibrations what so ever and prevents from scratching! Hope it helps!

I did wear a wristband while playing tennis, but there’s still constant vibrations that occur.

Even natural arm movement while not playing sports can cause screws to loosen over time because there’s still natural small vibrations occurring.

The best solution for playing tennis is probably applying Loctite, but technically there’s not one professional tennis player that wears the classic Love on the court for this very reason. There’s just too much vibrations and high impact while playing tennis.

They either wear the small or classic JUC or Ecrou that I have seen as well as the Trinity cord.

Basically, tennis and the (classic) Love are just not a good “match” - pun intended!

Last edited:

I just ordered a nike wrist sweatband! So that hopefully will prevent any issues with vibrations etc? Would anybody else be able to confirm? So scared I'll hurt the bracelet but I also don't think it's a good idea to constantly remove and put back on my bracelet as that will hurt the screws.

Boxing with a personal trainer that holds up pads and I wear boxing gloves.
I’ve been wearing my love bracelet for 5 years and do intense workouts a lot. Many times a heavier kettlebell lands on my wrist and my bracelet looks like new and I never got bruised. I wrap a headband around the bracelet 3 times and its protected and doesn’t move at all during workouts. Sports wrist bands can also work if you find a tight one to keep the bracelet in place. I hope this helps, enjoy your bracelet and your workouts!

I’ve been wearing my love bracelet for 5 years and do intense workouts a lot. Many times a heavier kettlebell lands on my wrist and my bracelet looks like new and I never got bruised. I wrap a headband around the bracelet 3 times and its protected and doesn’t move at all during workouts. Sports wrist bands can also work if you find a tight one to keep the bracelet in place. I hope this helps, enjoy your bracelet and your workouts!

Thanks for the feedback! The Nike one that I got is pretty tight fitting. I think I'll try boxing once and see how it goes then based on your feedback. Yours doesn't have problems with loosening screws over time, right?

I don’t box but I play tennis 4 days a week. I wear a sweatband and check my screws frequently. When my bracelets were larger (I’ve since sized down) I had some wrist pain and felt a lot of movement. Now that they fit more traditionally, they don’t bother me.