Do any of you make YouTube handbag videos?

barskin

Lt. Colonel on Vogon Destructor Fleet
O.G.
Dec 19, 2013
I don’t, but I love watching them, whether it’s for real suggestions for what to buy or purely for the vicarious thrill. I couldn’t help wonder if amongst all the posters on this forum, there would be at least a few with a channel, taking requests for things like a “what’s in my bag? tag.”

One of the most mysterious YouTubers is Patricia SLR. She never speaks or shows her face, but she shops non-stop at Hermes. And I really appreciate her productions; they are the closest I will ever come to unboxing a new Birkin. Well, she doesn’t always shop at Hermes; sometimes she economizes and goes to Chanel or Vuitton. Keep bringin’ ‘em on, Patricia!

There’s a very beautiful young woman named Mel Soldera that I enjoy also. She lives a dream life – a job in the fashion industry, married to her high school sweetheart, and a wardrobe/purse collection to die for. “Randomly Ayesha” is a very attractive, sophisticated woman who has presented some bags that I really am glad I got to see, like her Louis Vuitton Brea in electric noir (gorgeous!) But, one of my favorites is a pretty young woman, “fantasticOrgasmic,” who lives a life slightly closer to my level (though she’s about 35 years younger than I am, I’d say). Her bio says she works and goes to school, and she gives me the impression of someone who is going to be very successful in life. She’s cute, has tons of personality and a good sense of humor. And she loves her Coach handbags; we have some of the same styles. Another attractive and charming young woman, who calls herself “Cassie Monique,” did a nice Coach collection video, where she presented her Factory Outlet pieces. This, for some unfathomable reason, attracted a pack of trolls in the comments section chastising her being “poor” and lecturing her on the concept that bags are worthless if they are not bought at full price. It was startling.

So, do you watch the videos? I’d guess a lot of you probably would. But, do any of you make the videos? I've thought of doing a channel named, "barskin, the old broad who loves her handbags;" good name, don't you think?

I watch Videos when I am trying to decide if I want a bag or not. I don't follow any channels yet though.

I have thought about making Videos, I do have a channel with 2763 subs, but I have been posting other things irregularly. I'm not sure it would fit.
Plus, the bags I own aren't very much desired by most women, so I doubt they would research it :P

I'm sure if you got a good concept your handbag channel would be very successful. What I prefer is when every detail of the bag is shown (long enough). In some videos the bag is just quickly held up and turned.

I always wonder who makes these video's, I mean who has the time, interest etc? I'm not even sure I know how to do it! Occasionally I will watch one-it seems they are made by younger women embarking on their handbag excursions.

It would be a fun way for us to see who we all are! I think your idea is hilarious :smile:

I've made several vids featuring my bags and shoes after being inspired by others. It's fun to do and fun to chat w/others who do the same. There's a world of folks out there who are like me, Major Bag People and I'm so glad I found them. I got great info which helped me when I was looking and I'm glad I can help others wondering what to get.
I would live to make more but I'm a little to busy at the moment. Try it and you may love doing it, too:biggrin:

I have been really deep thinking for the past week of making Youtube for this purpose and maybe other purposes too like fashion and beauty but I honestly don't know how to make videos. I don't even have proper equipment...and I'm such an introvert so I don't even know but I mean I think it would be something brave and new for me to do so that's a plus :|

A few years ago, I did a bag collection video and showed about 20 bags. Some of the comments were mean and it got annoying to have people question the authenticity and judgement I received. I took it down but I do admire people who can make these videos! It's actually difficult to say things off the top of your head in front of the camera

A few years ago, I did a bag collection video and showed about 20 bags. Some of the comments were mean and it got annoying to have people question the authenticity and judgement I received. I took it down but I do admire people who can make these videos! It's actually difficult to say things off the top of your head in front of the camera
I am baffled by people who take the time out to write negative comments about a handbag video. What could be so important to people that they have to be mean? This is a fun subject, not a political diatribe.

I also admire the people who seem so comfortable on camera.

I've made several vids featuring my bags and shoes after being inspired by others. It's fun to do and fun to chat w/others who do the same. There's a world of folks out there who are like me, Major Bag People and I'm so glad I found them. I got great info which helped me when I was looking and I'm glad I can help others wondering what to get.
I would live to make more but I'm a little to busy at the moment. Try it and you may love doing it, too:biggrin:
Oooh. Can you tell us your YouTube name?

I watched a few of them. I prefer the ones where the person is unboxing and reviewing a new bag. I like that I get to see all the details of the bag. As for the "what's in my bag?" type videos, those are okay except some of the videos are too long. Does it really take 20 minutes to show people that stuff? I think they just talk too much. I saw this one where I swear the girl spent five minutes talking about a notebook.

I am baffled by people who take the time out to write negative comments about a handbag video. What could be so important to people that they have to be mean? This is a fun subject, not a political diatribe.

I also admire the people who seem so comfortable on camera.

I haven't been getting many of these comments lately but I usually shut them up with something smart.
You can also moderate comments before having them displayed.

I have never talked on camera. I probably should though. I'm just really not good at it.

I love and subscribed to Patricia SLR & Mel Soldera too :smile:

I do have few unboxing and reveal video on my youtube channel. I decided make them because I am a sucker for those kind of videos! LOL like I can watch them for hours and never get tired of it. I also love watching what in my bag video its so fun.

I do have few unboxing and reveal video on my youtube channel. I decided make them because I am a sucker for those kind of videos! LOL like I can watch them for hours and never get tired of it. I also love watching what in my bag video its so fun.

I don't blame Patricia for keeping her identity hidden: she must be soooo rich. She gives me such a vicarious thrill. And Mel Soldera is so charming. Did you see - one of those "you can stop this in 5, 4, 3..." ads is made to look just like one of these videos. It's a young woman sitting in her bedroom, saying, "Hi guys," then talking about Playtex tampons. Very clever.

Hey, there! You have a new subscriber! I just watched your YSL reveal. Now I have someone else giving me vicarious thrills!

^
Though I must say I don't watch all Patricia SLR videos specially those slideshow one but definitely the no talk & no showing of face really give her that mysterious allure. About the ad I don't think we have it here in "HK" youtube.