Do any of you ladies ever hold yourself back from wearing your CLs?

ikaesmallz

♥ CL ♥
O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
It's probably a very silly question to ask especially in this sub-forum...

But I :heart: my CLs and I would love to wear them more often but feel like because my friends don't dress that way or have CLs themselves, they make me feel overdressed. Like why am I wearing heels just to hang out or eat dinner or go shopping. And it makes me not want to wear them & just wear my Prada flats or something. I guess it's sort of a confidence issue with wearing heels whenever you feel like, but just wondering if any other ladies ever felt that way too. :shrugs:

Well I'm wearing my first pair for my wedding but I'm so afraid afterwards of wearing them outside anywhere for fear that they'll get damaged especially the heel...like the leather getting scraped or peeled...eeeekkk!!! or someone spilling something on them...a happy camper i will not be!

if money wasn't an issue i'd wear them everywhere and anywhere lol

OMG belle I think the reason why I am hesitant in purchasing any satin CLs is because I'm afraid I'll wear them & liquor will spill on them & and then I'd have to fight someone. LOL!!

NEVER.

i'm known amongst my friends and co-workers as the girl who wears the heels with the red soles now. i NEVER feel like it's inappropriate to wear them.

just a few recent examples:
hockey game - catenita trash
grocery store - cosmo python SP
walmart - studded VPs

i literally wear my shoes anywhere and everywhere. the only ones i reserve for special occasions are the strass and satins (due to their delicate nature)

Aww thanks ladies! I totally need to just be like screw it who cares what they think! If it were people I didn't know it would be easier but they're friends so I feel like why do I have to defend myself for wearing these to my friends you know?

carla do you ever hear anything from them for wearing heels to wherever?

Oh and another question ladies, do most of your friends wear heels as well or do you feel you ladies stand out as the only one who likes to wear heels?

Maybe that's the problem with me. Most of my friends wear sneakers. And that's fine with me, but for me I'm over that phase of wearing sneakers. So I'm the only one who would willingly wear heels everywhere...

Last edited:
The thing that's been holding me back is I work with my mom and she doesn't know how many pairs of CLs I now own, I have several pairs that I haven't worn yet bc she would flip if she knew about them!! Oopsies!!

^^ LOL blonde! I was the same way when I started buying CLs, I'd have to sneak up to my room with the shopping bag. Then when I wore them my mom would comment & I'd be like they're not new I've had these, just haven't worn them. LOL!!

I will admit, I need to wear my CL's more! I have a bad habit of getting stuck on a pair of shoes/boots and I will wear them everyday. Right now, I wearing these greyish/taupe leather Banana Republic boots and I've worn them everyday to work for the past 2 months. And no, they don't go w/everthing-LOL

To be honest, I live in the midwest so the weather keeps me from wearing a lot of my shoes this time of the year. Most of my friends make comments about my CL's but it doesn't bother me one bit. I sometimes think my coworkers think I'm "wasteful" or "stupid" because I spend so much on my shoes because of the comments they make. ("It must be nice to wear red bottom shoes but I'm saving my $$, it's a recession"). But everyone has their "thing". For example, one of my coworkesr just told me how he spent $500 on a blender...

i'm always wearing flats and sneakers...i love heels but the pain is what i can't take but i'm getting use to it. DF loves heels so i got into more after being with him LOL i wear them mostly during the weekend because i walk a lot to get to work and take the train and i have no patience to try and rush in 4 inch shoes :P

Aww thanks ladies! I totally need to just be like screw it who cares what they think! If it were people I didn't know it would be easier but they're friends so I feel like why do I have to defend myself for wearing these to my friends you know?

carla do you ever hear anything from them for wearing heels to wherever?

Oh and another question ladies, do most of your friends wear heels as well or do you feel you ladies stand out as the only one who likes to wear heels?

Maybe that's the problem with me. Most of my friends wear sneakers. And that's fine with me, but for me I'm over that phase of wearing sneakers. So I'm the only one who would willingly wear heels everywhere...